Noun(1) a collection of things that have been combined; an assemblage of separate parts or qualities(2) a coordinated sequence of chess moves(3) a sequence of numbers or letters that opens a combination lock(4) a group of people (often temporary(5) an alliance of people or corporations or countries for a special purpose (formerly to achieve some antisocial end but now for general political or economic purposes(6) the act of arranging elements into specified groups without regard to order(7) the act of combining things to form a new whole
(1) I shrugged it off, and went to my locker, and was in the process of doing the combination when I felt someone's eyes on me.(2) Individual remedies are more potent, but if you're not sure which one is right for you, try a combination remedy.(3) These strategies must be used in combination : users will leave if the content is good but hard to find, or if it's easy to find but offers only empty calories.(4) a good uppercut/hook combination(5) a magnificent combination of drama, dance, and music(6) I smiled happily then turned and headed for my locker, dialed the combination , opened it up and stuck the new books I'd required on the shelf.(7) The club also organise full day coach tours, combination tours of walks and coach and half day coach tours(8) In a slight change of direction all students were mixed into combination teams.(9) But now the boots are back, often but not always in combination with a miniskirt, and they are certainly harder to combine with the jeans.(10) He fiddled with his combination and opened his locker.(11) these four factors work together in combination(12) combination remedies contain painkiller, decongestant, and cough soother(13) The popularity of the over-the-counter combination remedies may well be changing the practice of homeopathy.(14) In combination there is something even beyond, that joins the three in harmony.(15) underneath the picture is a safe: the combination is 210319(16) The number of bumps on each wheel in combination with the rotational speed determined the pitch produced by a particular tone wheel assembly.
(1) in combination :: in kombinasie
(2) combination lock :: kombinasieslot
(3) linear combination :: lineêre kombinasie
(4) combination skin :: kombinasie vel
(5) business combination :: besigheidskombinasie
(6) combination therapy :: kombinasieterapie
(7) combination pliers :: kombinasie tang
1. amalgamation ::
1. dissolution ::
2. disunion ::
3. division ::
4. parting ::
5. partition ::
6. schism ::
7. split ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
♪ Bass beats, your basics
Plus me is the COMBINATION ♪
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
I mean, I truly believe there... exists
some COMBINATION of words.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 10
the perfect COMBINATION
of Madonna and whore.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 3
Wine, a credit card and late-night
television are a bad COMBINATION?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 23
It could be the most inspired COMBINATION
since I mixed red lcee into my blue lcee.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 19
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: combination
Meaning and definitions of combination, translation in Afrikaans
language for combination with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of combination in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'combination'
What combination means in Afrikaans, combination meaning
in Afrikaans, combination
definition, examples and pronunciation
of combination in Afrikaans language.