Noun(1) the place where some action occurs(2) an incident (real or imaginary(3) the visual percept of a region(4) a consecutive series of pictures that constitutes a unit of action in a film(5) a situation treated as an observable object(6) a subdivision of an act of a play(7) a display of bad temper(8) graphic art consisting of the graphic or photographic representation of a visual percept(9) the context and environment in which something is set(10) the painted structures of a stage set that are intended to suggest a particular locale
(1) I wouldn't mind a change of scene(2) For some time the region was the scene of struggles between Bulgarians, Romans and Byzantines.(3) Rescue workers were on the scene in the Alpine town of Bramberg working to free eight people trapped in the wreckage.(4) scene changes(5) are they involved in the drug scene?(6) the scene of the accident(7) it was an ugly scene(8) If you have to complain write to the airline and don't make a scene at the counter├ö├ç┬¬(9) A controversial town centre pub, which has been the scene of three shootings, wants to extend its opening hours.(10) He keeps the tension high, though many of the props marking scene changes are superfluous.(11) Croke Park was the scene of great colour all over with over 82,000 people.(12) We'll hear from reporters on the scene in Iraq's capital city and a lot more.(13) A nativity scene was set up beneath it.(14) After fully examining the scene of utter chaos, Dizante came over to us and sat down as well.(15) I was crying and Peter picked me up and took me out the back door of the club so I wouldn't make a scene .(16) the scene is set in Galway
(1) crime scene :: misdaadtoneel
(2) deleted scene :: geskrap toneel
(3) at the scene :: op die toneel
(4) behind the scene :: agter die skerms
(5) set the scene :: skets die toneel
(6) make a scene :: maak 'n toneel
(7) on the scene :: op die toneel
(8) nativity scene :: nativity scene
(9) night scene :: nag toneel
(10) scene of the crime :: toneel van die misdaad
1. location ::
2. background ::
3. incident ::
4. view ::
5. fuss ::
6. arena ::
7. subdivision ::
8. clip ::
9. picture ::
10. tantrum ::
11. shot ::
12. setting ::
13. prospect ::
14. scenery ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'm relieved you're not making
more of a SCENE out of this.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 16
A shocking SCENE.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
in a very disturbing SCENE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 24
I don’t want you to make a SCENE here.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
There's going to be a SCENE
depicting Spock's birth.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 13
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: scene
Meaning and definitions of scene, translation in Afrikaans language for scene with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of scene in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "scene"
What scene means in Afrikaans, scene meaning
in Afrikaans, scene definition, examples and pronunciation
of scene in Afrikaans language.