Noun(1) a word or phrase used to complete a grammatical construction(2) a complete number or quantity(3) number needed to make up a whole force(4) something added to complete or embellish or make perfect(5) one of a series of enzymes in the blood serum that are part of the immune response(6) either of two parts that mutually complete each other
Verb(1) make complete or perfect; supply what is wanting or form the complement to
(1) The support will complement the $81 million already available through U.N. and other sources.(2) The crew complement was further reduced by the need to leave two particularly severe cases behind in hospital.(3) Each ship will have a complement of typically 1,200, including 600 air crew.(4) It had a crew of three and could carry an infantry complement of eight.(5) A complement of marines will board the vessel once you succeed in capturing it.(6) at the moment we have a full complement of staff(7) We have a full complement of both vehicles and soldiers who can carry out any tasks that they are required to do.(8) A single pollinator imports sufficient pollen into an individual fig to initiate a full complement of seeds.(9) Eliminating meals will also mean the normal complement of cabin crew can be cut from six to three.(10) During the eighteenth century fashionable accessories became an important complement to a lady's attire.(11) It does not just provide office space for a company to work in, it offers a full complement of strategic services that aim to transform a great business idea into a global player.(12) But what I hope that more faculties are beginning to discover is that blogging can serve as an important complement to the traditional forums for scholarship.(13) The DAT is usually positive, confirming the presence of IgG antibodies with or without complement on the red cells.(14) CD21 is a molecule on the surface of B cells that attaches to an immune system protein called complement .(15) Tetraploids, inheriting a full complement of chromosomes from each parent, and thus having double the normal allowance, occur in nature or can be induced.(16) Recall that a verb governs an object, and the head of a phrase governs the complement .
(1) complement system :: aanvulling stelsel
(2) subject complement :: onderhewig aanvulling
(3) full complement :: volle komplement
(4) complement fixation :: complement binding
1. accompaniment ::
2. amount ::
3. full complement ::
4. accompany ::
complement, complementary, complemented, complementing, complements
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
colors that COMPLEMENT
her skin tone,
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 23
We had a full COMPLEMENT
of guards that didn't stop them.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: complement
Meaning and definitions of complement, translation in Afrikaans language for complement with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of complement in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "complement"
What complement means in Afrikaans, complement meaning in Afrikaans, complement definition, examples and pronunciation of complement in Afrikaans language.