Noun(1) a numerical quantity measured or assigned or computed(2) the quality (positive or negative(3) the amount (of money or goods or services(4) relative darkness or lightness of a color(5) (music(6) an ideal accepted by some individual or group
Verb(1) fix or determine the value of; assign a value to(2) hold dear(3) regard highly; think much of(4) evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of(5) estimate the value of
(1) at $12.50 the book is a good value(2) Hence, it is important that you value the differences that make you unique as a couple.(3) The total value of the three contracts will be worth in excess of Ôö¼├║100 million annually.(4) The appraisal submitted by the plaintiffs estimates the fair market value of this property in March 1991 at $300,000.(5) All things considered, it's a good value for the money and a model I could be quite happy with.(6) if you value your freedom(7) If you can see the value or potential value of a practice, continue it.(8) Consider this an asset sale, priced at the cost of the estimated market value of the land.(9) at Ôö¼├║12.50 the book is good value(10) Attempts to measure freedom are notoriously complicated, as are attempts to assign an intrinsic value to freedom as such.(11) In journals, writers record their experiences and reflect on their value or importance.(12) I hope it'll be of value to researchers(13) Analysts believe the company's true value lies between 45-55 cent a share.(14) By philosophy of education, I mean a vision for the purpose and value of education.(15) she paid me the value of the computer she broke(16) if you value your life
(1) face value :: gesigs waarde
(2) market value :: markwaarde
(3) value chain :: waarde ketting
(4) fair value :: billike waarde
(5) present value :: huidige waarde
(6) book value :: boekwaarde
(7) added value :: toegevoegde waarde
(8) salvage value :: herwinningswaarde
1. price ::
2. worth ::
die moeite werd
4. note value ::
5. evaluate ::
6. think highly of ::
dink baie van
7. prize ::
8. respect ::
9. assess ::
10. rate ::
1. deficiency ::
2. demerit ::
value, valued, valueless, values, valuing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Well, first of all, don't underestimate
the VALUE of discomfort.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 22
my opinion on the matter is of limited VALUE.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
What VALUE was the mill?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
If you VALUE your lives, stop this at once.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 8
a high VALUE survivor.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: value
Meaning and definitions of value, translation in Afrikaans language for value with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of value in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "value"
What value means in Afrikaans, value meaning in Afrikaans, value definition, examples and pronunciation of value in Afrikaans language.