Noun(1) an acrobatic feat of rolling or turning end over end(2) a sudden drop from an upright position
Verb(1) fall down, as if collapsing(2) cause to topple or tumble by pushing(3) roll over and over, back and forth(4) fly around(5) fall apart(6) throw together in a confused mass(7) understand, usually after some initial difficulty(8) fall suddenly and sharply(9) put clothes in a tumbling barrel, where they are whirled about in hot air, usually with the purpose of drying(10) suffer a sudden downfall, overthrow, or defeat(11) do gymnastics, roll and turn skillfully
(1) Lamb producers are bracing themselves for a tumble in prices.(2) The crash had a period of exuberance followed by an alarmingly rapid tumble .(3) Her hair was a tumble of blonde curls.(4) a tumble in share prices(5) In an economic slowdown, corporate profits fall and stock prices tumble , too.(6) Despite the predictions, some first-time buyers remained confident there would be a tumble in prices.(7) I figured anyone who's that good in bed would definitely be worth a tumble .(8) Homeowners, watching the value of their flats tumble , complain that he flip-flopped on his housing policy - without telling the public.(9) I caught up with the globetrotting Frenchman in Brisbane and discovered that besides the odd tumble from his motorbike, Gerard has also fallen in love.(10) I took a tumble in the nettles(11) Her tumble of raven colored hair fell across her shoulders spilling into her lap.(12) Being able to balance on her hands, to turn cartwheels, to tumble and flip is part of who she is.(13) He has failed to recover fully from the broken neck which he suffered in a horrible tumble .(14) Here are five companies that could falter should house prices take a tumble .(15) He took a nasty tumble .(16) Her tumble of glossy black curls hid everything but the tip of her nose.
(1) tumble dry :: tuimeldroog
(2) rough-and-tumble :: rowwe-en-tuimel
(3) tumble drier :: tuimeldroër
(4) tumble out :: tuimel uit
(5) tumble over :: tuimel oor
(6) rumble-tumble :: geschubd
(7) tumble-down :: neer tuimel
1. fall ::
2. drop ::
4. hurry ::
5. cascade ::
6. plummet ::
7. topple ::
omver te werp
8. tip ::
9. whirl around ::
10. get it ::
11. break down ::
tumble, tumbled, tumbles, tumbling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Your next TUMBLE with Ros is on me.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
One night in Bangkok
And the tough guys TUMBLE
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 14
and took a little TUMBLE
down the stairs.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 23
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: tumble
Meaning and definitions of tumble, translation in Afrikaans language for tumble with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tumble in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "tumble"
What tumble means in Afrikaans, tumble meaning in Afrikaans, tumble definition, examples and pronunciation of tumble in Afrikaans language.