Noun(1) a track or mark left by something that has passed(2) a path or track roughly blazed through wild or hilly country(3) evidence pointing to a possible solution
Verb(1) to lag or linger behind(2) go after with the intent to catch(3) move, proceed, or walk draggingly or slowly(4) hang down so as to drag along the ground(5) drag loosely along a surface; allow to sweep the ground
(1) It was a style familiar to any who have followed him on the campaign trail .(2) Only a narrow winding trail led to the outside world.(3) It was simply beautiful, with its streaming trail behind it, against a pitch-black sky.(4) police followed his trail to Atlantic City(5) Chloe let her thoughts trail on as she walked into the classroom.(6) Among the wilderness and the lakes of the wooded estate lies a sculpture trail , a series of 200 pieces of modern art.(7) Sam joined in her soft laughter but let his slowly trail off as she did hers.(8) we drove down in a trail of tourist cars(9) Leaving a trail of devastation behind him, a disgruntled store owner rampaged through a small Colorado town smashing buildings and cars with a makeshift armoured bulldozer.(10) He mind still raced as she came up the long dirt trail in the woods.(11) The suspicions of her daughter led police back on the trail of the evil doctor and the will became the first concrete piece of evidence against him.(12) I've got to be up early tomorrow morning, too, so I sound at least half awake when I trail the programme at 7.20 on the breakfast show.(13) Soon, with the help of a camera crew that has been following him on the campaign trail , he is addressing the world.(14) ├ö├ç├┐Eating out├ö├ç├û is a common practice for those on the campaign trail .(15) What has emerged is that the police were on the trail of those who helped the suicide bombers very fast.(16) The cairns marking the trail looked like early Christian crosses.
(1) audit trail :: ouditspoor
(2) paper trail :: papier roete
(3) trail off :: agter af
(4) trail mix :: roete meng
(5) happy trail :: gelukkig roete
(6) the trail :: die roete
(7) trail of blood :: bloedspoor
(8) breadcrumb trail :: bread roete
(9) nature trail :: natuur roete
(10) walking trail :: staproete
1. series ::
2. track ::
3. wake ::
4. line ::
5. path ::
6. drag ::
7. hang ::
8. follow ::
9. lose ::
10. fade ::
11. train ::
12. shack ::
13. chase after ::
1. guide ::
2. lead ::
3. pilot ::
contrail, contrails, trail, trailed, trailer, trailers, trailing, trails
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Maybe we can head up
the Turquoise Trail,
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 14
on the TRAIL
of those motherless bastards,
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
Maybe if you follow this TRAIL,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
I found her body
a mile back up the TRAIL.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: trail
Meaning and definitions of trail, translation in Afrikaans language for trail with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of trail in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "trail"
What trail means in Afrikaans, trail meaning in Afrikaans, trail definition, examples and pronunciation of trail in Afrikaans language.