Noun(1) a particular course of action intended to achieve a result(2) a process or series of acts especially of a practical or mechanical nature involved in a particular form of work(3) a set sequence of steps, part of larger computer program(4) a mode of conducting legal and parliamentary proceedings
(1) Laparoscopic splenectomy is the procedure of choice for removing a normal sized spleen.(2) parliamentary procedure(3) The challenge then would be to find a procedure suitable for each surgical specialty.(4) Refractive eye surgery is a surgical procedure to change the way your eye refracts light.(5) the standard procedure for informing new employees about conditions of work(6) Because it is part of a clinical trial, the only cost for the procedure is operating rooms costs.(7) rules of procedure(8) It is a surgical procedure requiring general anesthesia and the use of an operating room.(9) the procedure is carried out under general anesthesia(10) The official procedure for dealing with issues through the venue manager was largely bypassed.(11) He said the county had established a procedure and method of dealing with such incidents.(12) the procedure is carried out under general anaesthetic(13) The entire surgical procedure was carried out under xylocane and light ether anaesthesia.(14) Mr Marshall, who suffered a heart attack six years ago, needed the procedure after a series of angina attacks.(15) The official procedures , it seems, often work against our better interests.(16) In this manner we ensure our procedures are both acceptable and effective.
(1) stored procedure :: gestoor proses
(2) surgical procedure :: chirurgiese prosedure
(3) grievance procedure :: grieweprosedure
(4) remote procedure call :: Remote Procedure Call
(5) application procedure :: aansoekprosedure
(6) sampling procedure :: monsternemingsprosedure
(7) rules of procedure :: Reglement
(8) legal procedure :: wetlike prosedure
(9) general procedure :: algemene prosedure
(10) inspection procedure :: inspeksie prosedure
1. course of action ::
plan van aksie
2. operation ::
3. process ::
4. subprogram ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Sheldon, it's a routine PROCEDURE.
I've heard you complain about his snoring.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 9
...but that isn't even the correct PROCEDURE
for a cootie shot.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 10
should not require
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 21
I found the PROCEDURE
in the study of rare diseases
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
There's a PROCEDURE
you need to follow.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 7
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: procedure
Meaning and definitions of procedure, translation in Afrikaans language for procedure with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of procedure in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "procedure"
What procedure means in Afrikaans, procedure meaning in Afrikaans, procedure definition, examples and pronunciation of procedure in Afrikaans language.