Noun(1) the inherent capacity for coming into being(2) the difference in electrical charge between two points in a circuit expressed in volts
Adjective(1) existing in possibility(2) expected to become or be; in prospect
(1) It is a tragedy in this case because the life lost was one with such future potential .(2) The history of the 1869 work is thought to have boosted its value among potential bidders.(3) Why is the government so timid about embryo research given the potential rewards?(4) We have vast untapped potential in hydro power and in natural gas from the Arctic.(5) Visitors to the city's boat show would also be among the potential guests targeted.(6) More to the point still, is this potential to anger particularly strong in the media?(7) Rural pubs have great potential to assume a business and community role.(8) A prospectus for potential sponsors raises the prospect of boarding academies.(9) It is for the society at large to harness the latent potential in the children and benefit out of that.(10) This fusion of unfamiliar conditions would normally make the hosts among the potential winners.(11) There is so much potential for this to be one of Bradford's most attractive shopping thoroughfares.(12) A woman who has fallen on hard times finds a potential saviour among the gravestones.(13) While I am in favor of this technology, it possesses a hell of a lot of potential for abuse.(14) For potential investors, the prospect of enjoying cheap beer is far more appealing.(15) You could say that we can compare our capabilities and potential to that of an iceberg!(16) Many supermarkets now provide free buses to carry potential customers into their premises.
(1) potential energy :: potensiële energie
(2) market potential :: markpotensiaal
(3) potential difference :: moontlike verskil
(4) electric potential :: elektriese potensiaal
(5) potential customer :: potensiële kliënt
(6) high potential :: hoë potensiaal
(7) potential threat :: potensiële bedreiging
(8) potential market :: markpotensiaal
(9) growth potential :: groeipotensiaal
(10) membrane potential :: membraanpotensiaal
1. possible ::
2. likely ::
4. potential difference ::
5. potency ::
1. actual ::
2. factual ::
3. real ::
potential, potentialities, potentiality, potentially, potentials
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
angular momentum, POTENTIAL energy
and kinetic energy.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 16
Secondly, the organic structure of tapioca
makes it a jiggling bowl of POTENTIAL death.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 13
...that resting in her loins
is the POTENTIAL for another individual...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
...a POTENTIAL close friend
and perhaps more.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 6
Okay, what are the POTENTIAL side effects
for our erectile dysfunction drug?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 2
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: potential
Meaning and definitions of potential, translation in Afrikaans language for potential with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of potential in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "potential"
What potential means in Afrikaans, potential meaning
in Afrikaans, potential definition, examples and pronunciation
of potential in Afrikaans language.