Adverb(1) on one occasion(2) as soon as(3) at a previous time
(1) I have already written about this once on my website and I can assure you I will be doing so again tomorrow.(2) once out of prison they're back in the same community(3) More than once Walt has caught her talking to herself when in fact she was speaking to Fred.(4) he never once complained(5) once every three years(6) She knew how tired he must be after all that he'd endured, but he had not complained once .(7) But Eugenie says that once men have the know-how, they look wonderful dancing salsa.(8) Instead of delivering twice a day, including in the morning, it now delivers once , at lunchtime.(9) Lord Lansdowne said the estate has only covered its losses once in the past 13 years.(10) once the grapes were pressed, the juice was put into barrels(11) Now 70, he is an inveterate inventor, the kind that Britain was once famous for.(12) Labels tell the public how to cook the food - this was once part of the of the family butcher's role.(13) Sevenoaks Motor Club understood that once improvements had been finished it could resume racing in the park.(14) The day started at a quarter past six and once the cows were milked, the milk would go to the dairy.(15) Nowadays, this once controversial play is on the Irish school curriculum.(16) For this once booming town in the former Democratic Republic of Germany now has a more dubious claim to fame.
(1) once upon a time :: eendag
(2) at once :: meteens
(3) once again :: weereens
(4) once a week :: Een keer 'n week
(5) once more :: nog eenkeer
(6) once in a while :: een keer in 'n rukkie
(7) all at once :: alles gelyktydig
(8) once a month :: eenkeer per maand
(9) once a day :: een keer 'n dag
(10) only once :: slegs een keer
1. on one occasion ::
By een geleentheid
2. ever ::
3. formerly ::
5. at one time ::
op 'n tyd
6. as soon as ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
House Hollard was strong ONCE.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 1
but ONCE we gave him fluids
he stabilized pretty quickly.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
But as a good friend of mine
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
Do you know
he ONCE got an asthma attack
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 5
Once, in Norwich...
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 6
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: once
Meaning and definitions of once, translation in Afrikaans language for once with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of once in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "once"
What once means in Afrikaans, once meaning in Afrikaans, once definition, examples and pronunciation of once in Afrikaans language.