Noun(1) information about recent and important events(2) information reported in a newspaper or news magazine(3) a program devoted to current events, often using interviews and commentary(4) informal information of any kind that is not previously known to someone(5) the quality of being sufficiently interesting to be reported in news bulletins
(1) Most of it seemed familiar, almost all of it is stuff we'd read in news reports and seen in the news but forgotten.(2) In any event they are big sums, and like big names, they are always news .E2.0.CO%3B2-K(3) The evil ones are not afraid of officials, they are only afraid of being reported in the news .(4) As a result, concerned citizens do not receive timely news about political issues that they want.(5) As it happens, there's been a spate of criminal women in the news and other media lately.(6) It was all in the news and I was just dumbfounded by what I was hearing on the TV.(7) he was back in the news again(8) This issue got more play during the time when campaign finance reform was in the news .(9) Rover is still in the news today and still the government haven't done anything.(10) Let's just list some of the outrageous assertions and omissions in the news today.(11) The idea is to engage and involve viewers in the news , and to stimulate public debate.(12) The coaches are in the news at the moment and it got me thinking about what it is that makes a good coach.(13) At the end of every vigil we make a circle and share news and announce other events and concerns.(14) But recent news from doctors suggests that he could return to work as early as Easter.(15) Really, that's news to me.(16) Next week there will be a special Science Show about an Australian animal in the news .
(1) new :: nuwe
(2) breaking news :: breaking news
(3) good news :: goeie nuus
(4) the news :: die nuus
(5) latest news :: jongste nuus
(6) bad news :: slegte nuus
(7) any news :: enige nuus
(8) local news :: plaaslike nuus
(9) news report :: nuusberig
(10) no news is good news :: geen nuus is goeie nuus
(11) break the news :: breek die nuus
1. report ::
3. news program ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
but can we watch the NEWS
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 7
I actually think the NEWS from
the scan is gonna be good.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 9
Ooh! Speaking of good NEWS,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 12
to local nerd NEWS...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 13
There's other NEWS.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: news
Meaning and definitions of news, translation in Afrikaans language for news with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of news in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "news"
What news means in Afrikaans, news meaning
in Afrikaans, news definition, examples and pronunciation
of news in Afrikaans language.