Noun(1) a reply of denial(2) a piece of photographic film showing an image with light and shade or colors reversed
Verb(1) vote against; refuse to endorse; refuse to assent
Adjective(1) characterized by or displaying negation or denial or opposition or resistance; having no positive features(2) expressing or consisting of a negation or refusal or denial(3) having the quality of something harmful or unpleasant(4) not indicating the presence of microorganisms or disease or a specific condition(5) reckoned in a direction opposite to that regarded as positive(6) less than zero(7) designed or tending to discredit, especially without positive or helpful suggestions(8) having a negative charge(9) involving disadvantage or harm, or negative
(1) The negative answer by the jury cannot be supported.(2) These ads and the media coverage of these ads may have a multiplier effect of negative coverage.(3) All electrons are alike: they all carry the same negative charge, and they repel each other.(4) We have been following more on western way of life whose effects have been negative .(5) The general rule is thus that consent may negative assault or battery, but not a more serious offence.(6) She was also asked specifically as to whether or not anyone else stayed in the basement with Orville and responded in the negative .(7) Some bank personnel do not seem to know that it is common courtesy to answer letters, even if the answer is negative .(8) A negative vote in either arena should be sufficient to stop the war; formal authorization in both arenas should be required to go to war.(9) When dry, the photographer contact prints the negative onto the tissue.(10) That's why we had to invent negative integers, to introduce a new set Z for which the statement(11) I nodded at the vague words I captured from her answer as I headed towards the door, only halting when I realised that she had replied in the negative .(12) If this condition is not met, structural compounds are mobilized to maintain a minimum value of respiration which, in the model, is equivalent to a negative growth rate.(13) The only negative is the erratic quality of the food, although Sunday brunch is invariably excellent.(14) These ions usually carry several negative charges, so that potential barrier for them is expected to be very high.(15) Most doctors chose to remove all surrounding lymph nodes instead of running the risk of a false negative .(16) Welding is done with direct current, electrode negative (straight polarity).
(1) negative feedback :: negatiewe terugvoer
(2) positive and negative :: positiewe en negatiewe
(3) negative correlation :: negatiewe korrelasie
(4) negative attitude :: negatiewe houding
(5) negative equity :: negatiewe ekwiteit
(6) negative number :: negatiewe getal
(7) negative charge :: negatiewe lading
(8) negative sentence :: negatiewe sin
(9) negative pledge :: negatiewe belofte
(10) negative reinforcement :: negatiewe versterking
2. pessimistic ::
3. harmful ::
4. damaging ::
5. electronegative ::
6. minus ::
8. veto ::
1. friendly ::
2. hospitable ::
3. sympathetic ::
negative, negatived, negatively, negativeness, negatives, negativing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I don't need his NEGATIVE energy
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 10
and it's brought up
a lot of NEGATIVE feelings for me.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 18
- That has a NEGATIVE social implication.
- I said I'm sorry.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 1
Now try it without the
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 10
Well, how about NEGATIVE 273 degrees...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 18
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: negative
Meaning and definitions of negative, translation in Afrikaans language for negative with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of negative in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "negative"
What negative means in Afrikaans, negative meaning in Afrikaans, negative definition, examples and pronunciation of negative in Afrikaans language.