Noun(1) that which is responsible for one's thoughts, feelings, and conscious brain functions; the seat of the faculty of reason(2) recall or remembrance(3) an opinion formed by judging something(4) an important intellectual(5) attention(6) your intention; what you intend to do(7) knowledge and intellectual ability
Verb(1) be offended or bothered by; take offense with, be bothered by(2) be concerned with or about something or somebody(3) be in charge of or deal with(4) pay close attention to; give heed to(5) be on one's guard; be cautious or wary about; be alert to(6) keep in mind
(1) I can't get her out of my mind(2) And mind you lock your door.(3) he set his mind on getting good exam results(4) I don't mind them knowing what happened(5) Just mind out, there's an ants' nest there, just move over.(6) don't mind her(7) she was afraid she was going out of her mind(8) You need to mind me because I love you and know what is best for you.(9) my grandfather's mind is failing(10) a bureaucratic mind(11) don't mind that lot(12) it went clean out of my mind(13) Most importantly, mind the language that you choose to use when speaking with others.(14) I mind the time when he lost his false teeth(15) I don't mind if they know what happened(16) that's a huge weight off my mind
(1) never mind :: Toemaar
(2) keep in mind :: hou in gedagte
(3) bear in mind :: in gedagte hou
(4) open mind :: oopkop
(5) in my mind :: in my gedagtes
(6) peace of mind :: gemoedsrus
(7) state of mind :: gemoedstoestand
(8) in mind :: in gedagte
1. brain ::
2. attention ::
3. sanity ::
4. memory ::
5. intellect ::
6. inclination ::
7. opinion ::
8. idea ::
10. judgment ::
11. nous ::
12. care ::
13. be careful of ::
wees versigtig van
15. look after ::
16. pay attention to ::
gee aandag aan
17. listen ::
18. beware ::
19. bear in mind ::
in gedagte hou
20. take care ::
kyk mooi na jouself
1. dementia ::
2. insanity ::
3. lunacy ::
4. mania ::
mind, minder, minders, minding, minds, mindy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
the master MIND of the operation
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 12
If you don't MIND, there's a 3:05
nonstop back to Los Angeles...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 1
Hey, do you MIND if I get in there?
No, go ahead.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 1
...from Scooby-Doo cartoons
comes to MIND.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 17
I don't MIND.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 5
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: mind
Meaning and definitions of mind, translation in Afrikaans language for mind with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of mind in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "mind"
What mind means in Afrikaans, mind meaning in Afrikaans, mind definition, examples and pronunciation of mind in Afrikaans language.