Noun(1) a literary work based on the imagination and not necessarily on fact(2) a deliberately false or improbable account
(1) She began writing successful romantic fiction and historical novels.(2) We'll separate fact from film fiction about one of history's greatest warriors.(3) Most book sections give spotty coverage to all genres except literary fiction .(4) In literary fiction , characters fill and organize the story around them.(5) the notion of the country being a democracy is a polite fiction(6) Do you enjoy watching soap operas on tv, or reading good fiction or romance novels?(7) Thus, it is no surprise there are frequent references to Milton in Melville's fiction .(8) Better - and safer - to maintain the polite fiction that he didn't know where she lived.(9) On the one hand it publishes original fiction and prose by authors in Tamil.(10) By the early seventeenth century, however, prose fiction had evolved beyond the limits of the novella.(11) The fact is at times it's difficult to distinguish between fact and fiction , myth or reality.(12) At a theological level, there is concern at the liberal blurring of the lines between historical fact and fiction .(13) It may well turn out that all of Parmalat's financials are true fiction - more a case of Parma sham than Parma ham.(14) Listen to some fish stories but try to distinguish between fact and fiction .(15) Here Brody does an excellent job of sorting out fact, fiction , and political agendas.(16) The odd jumble of fact and fiction surrounding this initial hit made worldwide headlines.
(1) non-fiction :: nie-fiksie
(2) science fiction film :: wetenskap fiksie film
(3) historical fiction :: historiese fiksie
(4) pulp fiction :: pulp Fiction
(5) work of fiction :: werk van fiksie
(6) science-fiction :: wetenskapsfiksie
2. fabrication ::
3. fable ::
1. fact ::
2. reality ::
fiction, fictional, fictions, nonfiction
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- Do you like science FICTION?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 5
And that is the FICTION
that we should be sticking to.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
Hey, you guys want to read
my fan FICTION mash-up,
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 16
I do. It fails as drama, science FICTION
and it's hopelessly derivative.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 15
Of course, my fondness for classic science
FICTION does draw my attention backwards...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 22
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: fiction
Meaning and definitions of fiction, translation in Afrikaans language for fiction with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of fiction in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "fiction"
What fiction means in Afrikaans, fiction meaning
in Afrikaans, fiction definition, examples and pronunciation
of fiction in Afrikaans language.