Noun(1) a drawback or difficulty that is not readily evident(2) the quantity that was caught(3) a person regarded as a good matrimonial prospect(4) anything that is caught (especially if it is worth catching(5) a break or check in the voice (usually a sign of strong emotion(6) a restraint that checks the motion of something(7) a fastener that fastens or locks a door or window(8) a cooperative game in which a ball is passed back and forth(9) the act of catching an object with the hands(10) the act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal
Verb(1) discover or come upon accidentally, suddenly, or unexpectedly; catch somebody doing something or in a certain state(2) perceive with the senses quickly, suddenly, or momentarily(3) reach with a blow or hit in a particular spot(4) take hold of so as to seize or restrain or stop the motion of(5) succeed in catching or seizing, especially after a chase(6) to hook or entangle(7) attract and fix(8) capture as if by hunting, snaring, or trapping(9) reach in time(10) get or regain something necessary, usually quickly or briefly(11) catch up with and possibly overtake(12) be struck or affected by(13) check oneself during an action(14) hear, usually without the knowledge of the speakers(15) see or watch(16) cause to become accidentally or suddenly caught, ensnared, or entangled
(1) The Welsh terrier is a rough-coated animal with droopy ears, originally bred in Wales to catch rats, mice and other vermin.(2) So far 12 students have gone down with the virus and college staff say that unless all students are vaccinated more could catch the disease.(3) If you get a chance - like, you're at home during the day, or babysitting, or a student, or something - catch an episode.(4) Every time there's even a semblance of running water, we put something under the faucet to catch the precious drops.(5) I am afraid if we wait any longer, the fall rains will catch us.(6) Then, to my horror, I discovered there was a catch : You could only use your copy of this font with a single printer!(7) You don't want them looking at the table and thinking: Chelsea are too far ahead for us to catch them.(8) There was a little catch in Brian's voice when he responded after a long silence.(9) At the end of that week, Pip drops Herbert off to catch his ship to Cairo.(10) He dismounted just in time to catch her as she fell, and as a blanket was drawn about her, she instantaneously fell into a deep sleep.(11) it was a great catch(12) Andrew yelled as he ran to catch her before she fell to the deck.(13) Try as Emilion might, he could not teach me to throw and catch the pesky things properly.(14) The first two Toyota pickups we got into wouldn't start, even with eight men rocking them to get the engine to catch .(15) I raise my hand to smooth my hair back, catch some of it over my ear, but when I carry my hand near my hair it crackles and dances away in the dry wind.(16) The last thing you want to do is lose the ball after a good catch .
(1) catch up :: vang op
(2) catch on :: vang op
(3) to catch :: om te vang
(4) catch fire :: aan die brand slaan
(5) catch a cold :: kry verkoue
(6) catch up on :: haal
(7) catch cold :: verkoue kry
(8) catch it :: vang dit
(9) catch a bus :: haal 'n bus
(10) catch sight of :: raaksien
1. haul ::
2. latch ::
3. snag ::
4. gimmick ::
5. stop ::
6. pinch ::
7. snap ::
8. match ::
9. seize ::
10. capture ::
11. become trapped ::
12. be in time for ::
wees in die tyd vir
13. discover ::
14. engage ::
15. perceive ::
16. hear ::
17. evoke ::
18. hit ::
19. become infected with ::
20. ignite ::
21. get ::
22. take in ::
24. hitch ::
25. take hold of ::
27. catch up with ::
28. view ::
catch, catcher, catchers, catches, catching, catchings, catchy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Don't worry. I'll CATCH you.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
...well, then I will happily CATCH them with
the reproductive sac on my upper flermin.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 8
You can't CATCH a computer virus.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
I can't CATCH a break today.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 22
I'm saying you can CATCH more flies
with honey than vinegar.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 3
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: catch
Meaning and definitions of catch, translation in Afrikaans language for catch with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of catch in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "catch"
What catch means in Afrikaans, catch meaning
in Afrikaans, catch definition, examples and pronunciation
of catch in Afrikaans language.