Learn Common GRE Words
P:: PAGE #14
261. punishment (straf) :: Condemnatory judgments for example may be accompanied by impulses of retribution and punishment
262. pupil (leerling) :: I met a past pupil this morning
263. purchase (aankoop) :: Not having experienced the desperation of oppression we have little purchase on the extremism it might engender
264. pure (suiwer) :: Care was taken to use pure water in the chamber because most contaminants tend to lower the water vapor pressure
265. purely (suiwer) :: This implies that our findings perhaps cannot be explained purely in terms of the placebo effect
266. purple (pers) :: It makes the most delicious jam because of the richness of the purple colour and fruity taste
267. purpose (doel) :: she applied herself with a purpose to the task
268. pursue (streef) :: The papers second agenda is to examine why so many women choose to lend out their money and pursue a different entrepreneurial path than that envisioned by village bank planners
269. push (druk) :: They were instructed to quickly push one of two buttons depending on the arrows direction
270. put (sit) :: The carrots are not only handpicked but also washed top and tailed and put into bags of ten kilos each
Any word you search will appear here.
Your Favorite Words
Currently you do not have any favorite word. To make a word favorite you have to click on the heart button.