Noun(1) a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred(2) a statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened(3) an event known to have happened or something known to have existed(4) a concept whose truth can be proved
(1) The good thing about this particular index is that it is based on plain and simple fact .(2) a body of fact(3) there was a question of fact as to whether they had received the letter(4) That does tend to be the case but it is merely a trend, not an incontrovertible fact .(5) despite the fact that I'm so tired, sleep is elusive(6) If the comment amounts to a statement of fact then it must be proved to be true or privileged.(7) you must accept this fact(8) The couple beside us were toasting the fact of just being alive on so blissful a night.(9) the mere fact that he's late shouldn't disqualify him(10) When you took out a book you entered the fact in an exercise book and signed for it.(11) That does not have to be a law of human nature for my argument, just a fact about most of us.(12) To make an error of fact or law in the course of arriving at a decision is not even misconduct.(13) That is in my judgment so even if it can later be shown that the arbitrator made an error of fact or law.(14) due to the fact that ...(15) We would then have an opportunity for questions on a point of fact or a clarification.(16) It is a fact that the single most devastating killer of small birds is the domestic cat.
(1) in fact :: in werklikheid
(2) as a matter of fact :: as 'n saak van die feit
(3) despite the fact that :: ten spyte van die feit dat
(4) the fact that :: die feit dat
(5) as matter of fact :: As feit
(6) this fact :: hierdie feit
(7) matter-of-fact :: saak-van-feit
(8) fact that :: feit dat
1. reality ::
2. detail ::
3. event ::
fact, factoid, factoids, facts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
So the FACT that I found you
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 10
- Thank you.
- I will graciously overlook the FACT...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 2
Fun FACT: it's neither.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 15
Fact is, your nephew is gonna
get out in no time.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
In FACT, the term "wed" referred
to the money and livestock
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 16
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: fact
Meaning and definitions of fact, translation in Afrikaans language for fact with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of fact in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "fact"
What fact means in Afrikaans, fact meaning
in Afrikaans, fact definition, examples and pronunciation
of fact in Afrikaans language.