Noun(1) any creative group active in the innovation and application of new concepts and techniques in a given field (especially in the arts(2) the leading units moving at the head of an army(3) (Great Britain(4) a camper equipped with living quarters(5) a truck with an enclosed cargo space
(1) After an attack by crossbowmen and infantry, the van of the French cavalry charged impetuously through their own infantry across the stream and up the slope on the other side.(2) They dragged her outside and easily threw her into the bed of an unmarked dark blue van .(3) The windscreen of the van cracked and the side window shattered.(4) It made little difference what rank others in the van might bear.(5) A man wearing a balaclava approached an unoccupied parked van and fired two shots into it.(6) As he passed the entrance of the church he heard a bump on the side of his van .(7) A team of nine scenes-of-crime officers were dispatched in a police van with blacked-out windows to search the couple's home last night.(8) As always the hospitality and courtesy of Mayo people in the Sportlann was early in evidence with Sean Feeney, John Prenty and May Moran leading the van .(9) Nothing is more commonly found in the monuments of the heathen feasts than a small chest, a van , and a flute or a drum.(10) The pickup driver then opened the driver's side of the van brandishing a handgun.(11) Just as they reached the bus stop, a stolen police van pulled up.(12) The 23-year-old, who has not been named by police, was driving a sports car which hit a van on the wrong side of the road.(13) he was in the van of the movement to encourage the cultivation of wild flowers(14) a van driver(15) The following morning the gang were caught red handed loading the loot into a stolen transit van .(16) A spokesperson said two robbers approached the driver of a security van that was transporting the cash, forced him to the ground and tied his hands.
(1) camper van :: kampeerwa
(2) delivery van :: afleweringsvoertuig
(3) moving van :: beweeg van
(4) removal van :: verwydering van
(5) van driver :: van bestuurder
(6) guard's van :: kondukteurswa
(7) luggage van :: bagasie van
(8) in the van :: in die van
1. vanguard ::
2. caravan ::
3. avant-garde ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Galbart Glover will lead the VAN.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 13
What brown VAN?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
Ooh, what if we got a VAN
and drove around and picked kids up?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 4
Wait for her to get into the VAN. Wait.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 6
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: van
Meaning and definitions of van, translation in Afrikaans language for van with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of van in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "van"
What van means in Afrikaans, van meaning
in Afrikaans, van definition, examples and pronunciation
of van in Afrikaans language.