Noun(1) a short musical composition with words(2) a distinctive or characteristic sound(3) the act of singing(4) the characteristic sound produced by a bird(5) a very small sum(6) the imperial dynasty of China from 960 to 1279; noted for art and literature and philosophy
(1) The birds were in full song in the trees, busily making nests or feeding young.(2) Harvey, who then broke into song and rendered the hymn, Never Get Weary, was quickly accompanied by the congregation.(3) a pop song(4) Some slaves even joined in her song by singing the words they knew.(5) And birds have a great advantage over all other animals: song .(6) He composed some 700 songs, which makes him one of the most prolific song composers since Schubert.(7) It used to be, even in pop music, that you sang a song of heartache to get it off your mind, to share with others so maybe you wouldn't hurt so much.(8) In dunnocks, females may use song to compete for males, and in the alpine accentor, females attract males by song .(9) The people of Thembelihle, a new township on the outskirts of Lenasia in the far south, broke into song to welcome the mayor.(10) the young airmen broke into song(11) Science journalist David Baron reports on new research using information theory to codify the patterns of whale song .(12) The full text of the lyrical song is as follows.(13) There was song , dance, poetry and recitations and prayers in thanksgiving for Bridgie's major recovery during the year.(14) Slow music stared, and then Emmet broke into song with his sweet voice.(15) We only took up birding in April and lack a great deal of fundamental knowledge of bird habitat, habits, and song .(16) You will be required to sing a short song of your choice and demonstrate your acting skills on the day.
(1) love song :: liefdesliedjie
(2) sing a song :: sing 'n lied
(3) theme song :: temalied
(4) sad song :: treurige lied
(5) new song :: nuwe liedjie
(6) favorite song :: gunsteling liedjie
(7) song title :: liedjie titel
(8) hit song :: treffer
(9) old song :: ou liedjie
(10) pop song :: popliedjie
1. air ::
3. strain ::
4. vocal ::
5. birdsong ::
1. bundle ::
2. fortune ::
3. mint ::
4. wad ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Two knights off to rescue a princess.
Sounds like a good SONG to me.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
So I'm almost done writing
the SONG for Bernadette.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
Do you think this SONG is the music
the white boy ultimately plays?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
(THEME SONG PLAYING)
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 18
(THEME SONG PLAYING)
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 13
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: song
Meaning and definitions of song, translation in Afrikaans language for song with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of song in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "song"
What song means in Afrikaans, song meaning in Afrikaans, song definition, examples and pronunciation of song in Afrikaans language.