Noun(1) a person working in the service of another (especially in the household(2) in a subordinate position
(1) Because if there is one thing a government servant cannot do, it is look after anything under his charge.(2) The author was one Simon Peter, who referred to himself as a servant and a disciple of Jesus Christ.(3) Financially they were well enough established to be able to employ a domestic servant .(4) He was convicted on three counts of offering advantages to a government servant .(5) The king's servant ran and brought them two goblets filled with wine.(6) a tireless servant of God(7) a government servant(8) My father was a government servant and we were posted in villages and small towns.(9) Anna, her personal servant , had forgotten to fill the pitcher.(10) he was a great servant of the Labour Party(11) He was a great servant of the Conservative Party, a devoted constituency member and a very good friend.(12) The pattern made plain in the Saviour, and then the apostles, is to be followed by all his servants .(13) Hello all righteous servants of the Transport Department on every level!(14) Many urban households with a regular income employ live-in domestic servants , generally young unmarried women from the rural areas.(15) He was afraid of hiring another nursemaid, and mistrusted the household servants .(16) Dehumanising them and creating the impression that they are a minority to be despised is a tactic of extremism and the servants of fascism.
(1) civil servant :: staatsamptenaar
(2) public servant :: staatsamptenaar
(3) domestic servant :: huishulp
(4) servant girl :: diensmeisie
(5) master and servant :: meester en kneg
(6) indentured servant :: inboekseling
(7) your humble servant :: jou nederige dienaar
(8) female servant :: vroulike kneg
(9) servant-maid :: dienaar-dogtertjie
1. attendant ::
2. helper ::
3. retainer ::
4. handmaiden ::
1. master ::
2. mistress ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
only I don't need a SERVANT
to do my beheading for me.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
I am your loyal SERVANT.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
I give voice to the will of the gods
and am their foremost SERVANT in this world.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 3
♪ l'll become your SERVANT
lf it's worth your time ♪
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
She will make a fine SERVANT
for the Many-Faced God.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 8
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: servant
Meaning and definitions of servant, translation in Afrikaans language for servant with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of servant in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "servant"
What servant means in Afrikaans, servant meaning in Afrikaans, servant definition, examples and pronunciation of servant in Afrikaans language.