Noun(1) a large natural stream of water (larger than a creek
(1) river pollution(2) The site is close to a tributary of the Slaney river from which water supplies for Carlow and Wexford are drawn.(3) The hot springs and underground river that enter the lake results in the water on the shore being boiling hot.(4) The river itself hummed with natural energy, crystal clear water darkening to a thick indigo to show its depth.(5) river of tears(6) I proceeded along the jagged ridges staring down into a river of a boiling red substance.(7) the trickle of disclosures has grown into a river of revelations(8) Everywhere he turned, there were screams of anguish and rivers of blood.(9) Tiny rivers of blood trickled aimlessly down his hand.(10) The young man was sweating profusely; rivers of it were flowing down his pale face.(11) Major environmental problems faced by China are pollution in rivers , lakes and seas, as well as urban air pollution and acid rain, the report said.(12) Inland wetlands are common on floodplains along rivers and streams and in other low-lying areas.(13) The rye plants capture and hold nutrients and moisture in place, reducing the amount that reaches rivers , streams and ground water.(14) Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors, so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters.(15) ├ö├ç├┐Hey Mom,├ö├ç├û I said softly, with rivers of tears falling down my face.(16) With hundreds of lakes and rivers , you could sail and water ski the day away without even coming close to the coast.
(1) the river :: die rivier
(2) across the river :: oor die rivier
(3) along the river :: langs die rivier
(4) down the river :: af in die rivier
(5) small river :: klein rivier
(6) river basin :: rivierkom
(7) cross the river :: kruis die rivier
(8) river boat :: rivier boot
(9) river mouth :: riviermond
(10) cross a river :: steek 'n rivier
1. watercourse ::
2. waterway ::
3. tributary ::
4. stream ::
5. rivulet ::
6. brook ::
7. inlet ::
8. rill ::
9. runnel ::
10. freshet ::
11. bourn ::
12. creek ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Yes, it is! They all attacked me
and she threw my sword in the RIVER.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 2
I believe the appropriate metaphor here
involves a RIVER of excrement...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 8
The RIVER lords are falling back
with Jaime Lannister at their heels.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
Even the RIVER is going to tremble.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 4
When I was seven, I saw a servant girl...
bathing in the RIVER.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: river
Meaning and definitions of river, translation in Afrikaans language for river with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of river in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "river"
What river means in Afrikaans, river meaning in Afrikaans, river definition, examples and pronunciation of river in Afrikaans language.