Noun(1) food that is discarded (as from a kitchen
Verb(1) show unwillingness towards(2) refuse to accept(3) elude, especially in a baffling way(4) refuse to let have(5) resist immunologically the introduction of some foreign tissue or organ(6) refuse entrance or membership
(1) We want to avoid this wherever possible but despite the fact we pay for flights and offer generous resettlement grants, many of these failed claimants still refuse to leave.(2) Staff from the arts centre had to collect three refuse bags full of rubbish that was left strewn about outside.(3) He said at present three companies collect refuse in the area.(4) The clearest indication of the council's failure to understand what is happening can be found in their claims regarding reduction in the amount of domestic refuse going to landfill.(5) heaps of refuse(6) refuse collection(7) But it might also whet the public's appetite and be less of a burden on the taxpayer should motorists stubbornly refuse to leave their cars at home.(8) The bill does not include the cost of domestic and business refuse collections.(9) We were told only garden and household refuse could be left free of charge.(10) The council is already looking at a range of measures to tackle the growing problem of litter, trade waste, domestic refuse and fly-tipping.(11) The skip containers will be used mainly for garden refuse and rubbish which does not generally fit in the normal green drums.(12) They also say that if materials for recycling are placed in the proper boxes, there should not be enough domestic refuse left to warrant a weekly collection.(13) The dumping will be supervised, to ensure that only garden refuse is deposited.(14) The increased refuse disposal charges are leading to a growth in indiscriminate and illegal dumping, writes Denis J. Croke.(15) Under the present scheme, there is a weekly collection of refuse in black sacks, one bag of garden waste collected a week and fortnightly collections of recycling items, in bags.(16) Aides to the reclusive cleric, however, have indicated that he will refuse to back a specific party in the December vote.
(1) to refuse :: om te weier
(2) refuse collector :: weier versamelaar
(3) refuse collection :: vullisverwydering
(4) refuse disposal :: weier beskikking
(5) refuse bin :: vullishouer
(6) refuse to accept :: weier om te aanvaar
(7) refuse dump :: stortingsterrein
1. garbage ::
2. decline ::
3. withhold ::
4. turn away ::
5. resist ::
6. deny ::
1. allow ::
2. concede ::
3. grant ::
4. let ::
5. permit ::
refuse, refused, refuses, refusing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I don’t know if we’ll get to the karaoke
thing, but I can’t REFUSE.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
- If you should REFUSE to obey...
- I won't REFUSE.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
He wanted to REFUSE your ransom altogether.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
are you saying we make him an offer
he can't REFUSE?
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
I couldn't very well REFUSE a royal escort.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: refuse
Meaning and definitions of refuse, translation in Afrikaans language for refuse with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of refuse in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "refuse"
What refuse means in Afrikaans, refuse meaning in Afrikaans, refuse definition, examples and pronunciation of refuse in Afrikaans language.