Noun(1) any of various burrowing animals of the family Leporidae having long ears and short tails; some domesticated and raised for pets or food(2) the fur of a rabbit(3) flesh of any of various rabbits or hares (wild or domesticated
Verb(1) hunt rabbits
(1) The document reveals that the bishop's menu would have included a range of meats, from mutton and beef to veal, geese, rabbit , duck and lamb.(2) The rabbit ballotine was so plain as to be almost unpleasant.(3) It is a patient bird, quite content to sit for hours at a time until a young rabbit , a rat or a mouse chances to pass beneath it.(4) My recipe for today is an old Australian country recipe for rabbit pie.(5) I scoffed everything my mother put in front of me - plate-sized Yorkshire puddings, meat and potato pie, rabbit and dumplings, the lot.(6) Like lamb cutlets, rabbit joints seem to be made for holding in your hands.(7) There were platform shoes, rabbit coats, sausage curls and blue eye shadow - and the women weren't a pretty sight either.(8) This weekend's patrons can expect to be served shrimp bisque or rabbit pie with bay-leaf juice.(9) I sampled a tender saddle of rabbit , wrapped in fatty Portuguese bacon and doused in a bubbly mustard emulsion.(10) Sturdier ones, such as lavender, can be stuffed into chicken or rabbit before roasting, and then discarded later.(11) From every kitchen in the village arose the most delicious aromas: apple pies, rabbit and chicken pies, fairy cakes, pancakes.(12) Rodents (except the groundhog) and members of the rabbit or hare families are rarely infected with rabies.(13) In other words, the Amami rabbit has been isolated for so long from other rabbits and hares, including the volcano rabbit , that they are scarcely kin.(14) The rabbit was sitting up on its hind legs, still staring at her.(15) If local meat eaters all got hooked on home-grown rabbit , imagine the effect on our food import bill.(16) Most of the animals that participate in the program are dogs and cats - the occasional rabbit and guinea pig are introduced from time to time.
(1) rabbit hole :: Konyn gat
(2) rabbit stew :: haas bredie
(3) rabbit hutch :: konynhok
(4) rabbit fur :: haas bont
(5) rabbit ears :: haas ore
(6) rabbit warren :: haas Warren
(7) rabbit food :: haas kos
(8) young rabbit :: jong haas
(9) rabbit punch :: haas punch
1. buck ::
2. lapin ::
3. coney ::
4. hare ::
rabbit, rabbited, rabbiting, rabbits
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Nice. A classic RABBIT name.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 15
Why, I've fallen down the RABBIT hole
and into a land of madness."
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 20
I know how to skin a RABBIT.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
Have you ever cooked a RABBIT before?
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
And Sally here makes RABBIT stew
just like her mom used to do.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: rabbit
Meaning and definitions of rabbit, translation in Afrikaans language for rabbit with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of rabbit in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "rabbit"
What rabbit means in Afrikaans, rabbit meaning in Afrikaans, rabbit definition, examples and pronunciation of rabbit in Afrikaans language.