Noun(1) a reserve of money set aside for some purpose(2) a supply of something available for future use(3) a financial institution that sells shares to individuals and invests in securities issued by other companies
Verb(1) convert (short-term floating debt(2) place or store up in a fund for accumulation(3) provide a fund for the redemption of principal or payment of interest(4) invest money in government securities(5) accumulate a fund for the discharge of a recurrent liability(6) furnish money for
(1) he had set up a fund to coordinate economic investment(2) The funding will now come from the council's asset management fund , although it will be in next year's budget.(3) Be sure that budget includes a fund for emergencies and savings for the short and long term.(4) You never talked to him for long without realising he had a great sense of humour with a fund of tales to tell.(5) a vast fund of information(6) It is the fund of good will that comes out of our culture that can turn things around.(7) They are certainly leaving their successor a fund of good will with which to work.(8) Buy a fully managed short fund just to get used to its price behavior in different markets.(9) The Canadian company has been budgeting for damages by setting aside money in an escrow fund .(10) Me, I tend to agree with John Waters, always an eminently wise and sensible fund of good ideas and clear thinking.(11) He had little pride, though an exceptional fund of passionate integrity.(12) This is the fund of unconscious images which fatally confuse the mental patient.(13) I have a fund of somewhat boring stories which I tell myself when sleep is slow to come.(14) He said investors could also use the money fund to reduce timing risk by phasing out lump sums into the stock market.(15) She appears here as a more amiable figure, fond of a good gossip, and with an endless fund of stories.(16) It was our custom to put most of our spare money into a communal fund , since money was always so tight for us.
(1) mutual fund :: onderlinge fonds
(2) pension fund :: pensioen fonds
(3) hedge fund :: beskermfonds
(4) trust fund :: trustfonds
(5) slush fund :: omkoopgeld
(6) fund-raising :: fondsinsameling
(7) sinking fund :: delgingsfonds
(8) fund manager :: fondsbestuurder
(9) money market fund :: geldmarkfonds
1. collection ::
2. money ::
3. stock ::
4. investment company ::
5. monetary fund ::
6. finance ::
fund, funded, funding, funds, fundy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
the bank will FUND our enemies.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
but I only have the money
to FUND one of them.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 7
My rainy-day FUND.
Sixty-eight thousand, okay?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
in a college FUND.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 9
- Our FUND run, couple of months ago.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 8
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: fund
Meaning and definitions of fund, translation in Afrikaans language for fund with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of fund in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "fund"
What fund means in Afrikaans, fund meaning in Afrikaans, fund definition, examples and pronunciation of fund in Afrikaans language.