Noun(1) any substance that can be metabolized by an animal to give energy and build tissue(2) any solid substance (as opposed to liquid(3) anything that provides mental stimulus for thinking
(1) Larkin began shoveling food on his plate, seeming to favor the pears.(2) baby food(3) give him plenty of food(4) At night these will be replaced with people selling snack food cooked on portable stoves.(5) I had a small breakfast and I wanted to shovel all this delicious food into my mouth like a pig.(6) food for the soul(7) tins of cat food(8) Retrieving the canned cat food from the kitchen, I flip on the coffee as I walk past.(9) A range of Mexican fast food is available.(10) Gertie gives me the dirtiest look ever, and slams the tray of disgusting cafeteria food on the table.(11) The gourmet food was specially prepared for road trips.(12) Throw out the remaining gourmet cat food from the can you opened this morning.(13) Ian shouted happily as he noticed the junk food on the tables.(14) We like Paul's cooking, and everyone likes it when I order takeout food for dinner.(15) We had a great time sipping hugely intoxicating Margaritas and eating delicious spicy food .(16) food for the mind
(1) fast food :: kitskos
(2) junk food :: gemorskos
(3) dog food :: hondekos
(4) good food :: goeie kos
(5) food poisoning :: voedselvergiftiging
(6) food court :: food court
(7) frozen food :: bevrore kos
(8) buy food :: koop kos
(9) food chain :: voedselketting
(10) canned food :: blikkieskos
1. nourishment ::
2. fodder ::
3. food for thought ::
iets om aan te herkou
4. nutrient ::
5. solid food ::
food, foods, nonfood
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
we didn't actually get Chinese FOOD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 17
How do I know
someone's not touching my FOOD?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 2
And you're going to let her
handle my FOOD?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 18
Well, there's no FOOD.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 10
...do you wanna join us for Thai FOOD
and a Superman movie marathon?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: food
Meaning and definitions of food, translation in Afrikaans language for food with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of food in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "food"
What food means in Afrikaans, food meaning in Afrikaans, food definition, examples and pronunciation of food in Afrikaans language.