Noun(1) the practical application of technical and scientific knowledge to commerce or industry(2) the discipline dealing with the art or science of applying scientific knowledge to practical problems(3) a room (as on a ship
Verb(1) design as an engineer(2) plan and direct (a complex undertaking
(1) John wants to study environmental engineering at university but will take a year off before going.(2) He will study software engineering at the University of Western Australia this year.(3) Manufacturers understand that the new, sophisticated engineering in their machines requires skilled operators.(4) The recordings were made in Birmingham and in Berlin, and the quality of the engineering is outstanding from both locations.(5) The conflict between unions in occupations such as engineering and shipbuilding was fierce, as were the clashes between skilled and unskilled workers.(6) Are university programs in computer science and software engineering common?(7) We are also supporting a range of initiatives to increase the number of women in the relatively highly paid sectors of science, engineering and technology, where women remain under-represented.(8) Using reverse engineering , Pakistan successfully built and began operating a uranium enrichment facility.(9) Comparatively speaking, he says, the manufacturing part is easy: the engineering and infrastructure challenges are hard.(10) The aim of the week was to show students the variety of opportunities in science, engineering and technology.(11) The second school of thought sees school mathematics primarily as an essential prerequisite to university courses in maths, science, engineering and technology.(12) That's unheard of in an industry where design, engineering , and manufacturing often argue over quality problems right up until the first car rolls off the assembly line.(13) she has a degree in engineering(14) if not for his shrewd engineering, the election would have been lost(15) That is a challenge, but like I said, the reasons for studying physics or any branch of science or engineering are somewhat deeper than just the immediate starting salaries of your first job.(16) I studied electrical engineering , but after university I didn't want to work as an engineer.
(1) engineer :: ingenieur
(2) civil engineering :: siviele ingenieurswese
(3) mechanical engineering :: meganiese ingenieurswese
(4) genetic engineering :: genetiese ingenieurswese
(5) electrical engineering :: elektriese ingeneurswese
(6) chemical engineering :: chemiese ingenieurswese
(7) software engineering :: sagteware-ingenieurswese
(8) industrial engineering :: industriële ingenieurswese
(9) computer engineering :: rekenaaringenieurswese
(10) reverse engineering :: reverse engineering
(11) social engineering :: sosiale ingenieurswese
1. applied science ::
2. engine room ::
3. technology ::
4. bring about ::
5. mastermind ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Engineering is merely
the slow younger brother of physics.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 12
We'd be talking about an ENGINEERING job
with tunneling machines,
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
You enjoy making fun
of ENGINEERING so much.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 2
Sheldon, there's a diploma in my office
that says I have a master's in ENGINEERING.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
where the noble semiskilled laborers...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: engineering
Meaning and definitions of engineering, translation in Afrikaans language for engineering with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of engineering in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "engineering"
What engineering means in Afrikaans, engineering meaning in Afrikaans, engineering definition, examples and pronunciation of engineering in Afrikaans language.