Noun(1) the act of emitting; causing to flow forth(2) a substance that is emitted or released(3) the release of electrons from parent atoms(4) any of several bodily processes by which substances go out of the body(5) the occurrence of a flow of water (as from a pipe
(1) It seeks to promote energy efficiency and alternatives to fossil fuels, and insists on reductions in the emission of greenhouse gases by the industrialised world in the hope that the climate may stabilise.(2) Radioactivity is the process of emission of radiation as a radioactive material changes form, often to a different element.(3) Radiation emission from mobile phones must be cut by 80 per cent, a group of UK MPs said yesterday.(4) the effects of lead emission on health(5) This random emission of photons leaves the resulting electron beam with a fuzzy, rather than a sharply defined focus.(6) There is also a specific obligation to prevent the emission of noxious or offensive substances into the atmosphere.(7) The Ministry of Finance is initiating a first on the Bulgarian market by the emission of euro-denominated bonds with a 15-year period of maturity.(8) Road transport is a major source of emission of primary pollutants, especially in cities.(9) I waited in silence, browsing through my CDs, deciding which one to play, when my meditations were disturbed by an ungodly sound, and the emission of an unrepeatable word from Jo.(10) Global warming results from the emission of heat trapping gases, such as carbon dioxide and methane.(11) An occupier may incur liability for the emission of noxious fumes or noise, although he has used the utmost care in building and using his premises.(12) But even with this recent progress, we are far from any solution that reverses - or even reduces - the emission of global warming gas.(13) The energy master-plan emphasises investment in technology to reduce the emission of pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxide through improvements in coal combustion.(14) The effect of implementing the Kyoto Protocol, he says, would be to transfer vast sums of money from some countries to others without reducing the emission of greenhouse gases.(15) It can improve biodiversity, protect wildlife habitats, and prevent the emission of vast amounts of toxic chemicals into our water, air, and soils.(16) Enormous environmental externalities also result from our over-dependence upon cars, especially in air pollution and in the emission of greenhouse gases.
(1) carbon emission :: koolstof emissie
(2) nocturnal emission :: nagtelike emissie
(3) emission control :: emissie beheer
(4) emission spectra :: atoomemissiespektra
(5) emission spectrum :: emissiespektrum
(6) thermionic emission :: termioniese emissie
1. discharge ::
2. emanation ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: emission
Meaning and definitions of emission, translation in Afrikaans language for emission with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of emission in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "emission"
What emission means in Afrikaans, emission meaning in Afrikaans, emission definition, examples and pronunciation of emission in Afrikaans language.