Noun(1) the time when something ends
Verb(1) pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life(2) suffer or face the pain of death(3) be brought to or as if to the point of death by an intense emotion such as embarrassment, amusement, or shame(4) stop operating or functioning(5) feel indifferent towards(6) languish as with love or desire(7) cut or shape with a die(8) to be on base at the end of an inning, of a player(9) lose sparkle or bouquet(10) disappear or come to an end(11) suffer spiritual death; be damned (in the religious sense(12) color with dye
Adjective(1) in or associated with the process of passing from life or ceasing to be(2) eagerly desirous
(1) SÔö£┬«bastien is wounded and captured in battle, but his dying comrade, Dom Henrique, pretends to be the king.(2) They have come together for a journey across the South and East of India to revive what they say is a dying form of art.(3) Renato murders him, but with his dying words Riccardo declares Amelia innocent and pardons his former friend.(4) The room was quite dark, for the dying embers on the hearth provided only a faint radiance.(5) What is set up as a life and death struggle, a dying father at the mercy of experimental science, is left unresolved.(6) She got as far as the airport before the dying words of her husband came back to haunt her.(7) She also teaches those who are eager to learn the skills, especially the dying art of beadwork.(8) Anyone who kills a dying person is liable to the death penalty as a common murderer.(9) What else could she do but accede to what amounted to his dying wish.(10) Everything that will happen happens because it is someone's last dying wish.(11) Lotte's dying words are an instruction to her daughter and her son Sam to ├ö├ç├┐get the factory back├ö├ç├û.(12) On the other hand, waking a dying person to inform them of their imminent demise goes against the principle of beneficence.(13) Don't imagine that decipherment is a dying art - it is still very much alive and kicking.(14) When they finally found the daughter, the wife and grandparents refused to let her go to visit her dying father.(15) He was given a hardship discharge from services so that he could take care of his dying mother.(16) She means that we, the media, are too early to capture iconic images of dying children and that she, the aid worker, is too late to stop it.
(1) die :: sterf
(2) dying out :: uitsterf
(3) dying wish :: sterf wens
(4) dying of hunger :: sterf van die honger
(5) dying man :: sterwende man
(6) be dying :: wees om te sterf
(7) never-dying :: nooit-sterf
1. terminally ill ::
2. declining ::
3. final ::
4. anxious ::
5. death ::
6. demise ::
7. pass away ::
8. abate ::
9. fail ::
10. long ::
11. break down ::
12. expire ::
13. become flat ::
14. die out ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
that all these beetles should be
DYING for no reason.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8
Dying is thirsty work.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
and I'm DYING of a disease
Westworld Season 2, Episode 4
if he hadn't have done me
the favor of DYING on his own.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 3
- On DYING men.
- With their permission?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 7
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: dying
Meaning and definitions of dying, translation in Afrikaans language for dying with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of dying in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "dying"
What dying means in Afrikaans, dying meaning in Afrikaans, dying definition, examples and pronunciation of dying in Afrikaans language.