Preposition(1) throughout the course or duration of (a period of time).
(1) That brings us to the period during which the rulings with which we are concerned were made.(2) Everybody goes through a blip during the course of the year and maybe we are having ours now.(3) he stays there during the summer(4) during the interview(5) There has been no increase in the number of cases of TB in the area during this period.(6) On the strategy we made ground during the safety car period by stopping both of our cars.(7) Walking through the city during the morning rush hour can be a bit of a battle.(8) For those who work in sales or business it is much better to take a vacation during this period!(9) In May this year he was said to have put a gun to her head during an argument.(10) Two out of three patients who received a lung transplant during this period also died.(11) The event I mention occurred in an area that is open to the public during the day but it is locked at night.(12) We were filming over a four and a half month period during summer for 12 hours a day.(13) One of them said later that Mitchell had been in a row over a car stereo during the night shift.(14) he spent 5 years there, during which he worked as a teacher(15) Lord knows what it must feel like for him having no doubt spoken to the man during the course of the school day.(16) The exhibition runs until the end of March and is open to the public during normal library hours.
(1) dure :: dure
(2) during the day :: gedurende die dag
(3) during the week :: gedurende die week
(4) during the summer :: gedurende die somer
(5) during this time :: gedurende hierdie tyd
(6) during the night :: gedurende die nag
(7) during the break :: gedurende die breek
(8) during the holidays :: gedurende die vakansie
(9) during this period :: gedurende hierdie periode
(10) during that time :: Gedurende daardie tyd
(11) during summer :: gedurende die somer
1. throughout ::
2. through ::
3. in ::
4. in the course of ::
deur die loop van
5. for the time of ::
vir die tyd van
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Well visible DURING the whole visit,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 1
During your brief tenure as Hand.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
DURING a labor dispute
in the 1800s.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 6
What's wrong with you two? He was talking
about television DURING their date.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 24
the Clinton administration,
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: during
Meaning and definitions of during, translation in Afrikaans language for during with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of during in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "during"
What during means in Afrikaans, during meaning
in Afrikaans, during definition, examples and pronunciation
of during in Afrikaans language.