Noun(1) any of numerous composite plants having flower heads with well-developed ray flowers usually arranged in a single whorl
(1) This Shasta daisy , with its double blooms, is truly unique and fun with its fluffy look.(2) Bryce was holding single flower in his hand - a fresh, white daisy .(3) It was a white daisy with its petals going in a few different ways; some were folding upward, while others were folded to the other side.(4) He was leading me down a path lined with white daisies and freshly-bloomed hawthorn trees.(5) It was one of those warm, humid days best spent at home watching the flowers grow and counting daisies in the grass.(6) This side is more like a meadow, dominated by longer grasses and a host of ox-eye daisies .(7) They carried flowers - daisies , petunias and roses to leave during the ceremony.(8) Big cabbage roses might bloom among white daisies , with a sprinkling of poppies in front.(9) She carried a bouquet of light yellow roses, large daisies , chrysanthemums and blue campanulas.(10) These two plants flower at the same time to give a display of tiny white and large yellow daisies for weeks at the end of the summer.(11) Bright yellow sage and broom light up the countryside with dustings of white daisies and blue anemones.(12) There were blue flower boxes beneath each window with lovely little daisies and these pretty yellow flowers that I'd never seen before.(13) There are fields of maize and little plots of white daisies .(14) Daffodils, wild hyacinths and tulips, snowdrops, bluebells, daisies and buttercups littered the earth.(15) The parks department created displays of autumn flowers, including chrysanthemums, Michaelmas daisies , and geraniums.(16) She stopped to buy some daisies from the one and only flower vendor, simple white daisies .
(1) daisy chain :: daisy chain
(2) ox-eye daisy :: bees-oog daisy
(3) golden daisy :: goue daisy
(4) daisy wheel :: daisy wheel
1. daisy ::
2. dandelion ::
3. dahlia ::
4. daffodil ::
5. flower ::
daises, daisies, daisy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...and leaves the invulnerable Kryptonian
fabric unharmed and DAISY fresh.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 11
The guy has gone totally maverick.
He's Miss Daisy with binoculars.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
We do things differently here, Daisy.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: daisy
Meaning and definitions of daisy, translation in Afrikaans language for daisy with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of daisy in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "daisy"
What daisy means in Afrikaans, daisy meaning
in Afrikaans, daisy definition, examples and pronunciation
of daisy in Afrikaans language.