Noun(1) a natural or artificial enclosed space(2) an enclosed volume in the body(3) a room where a judge transacts business(4) a deliberative or legislative or administrative or judicial assembly(5) a room used primarily for sleeping
Verb(1) place in a chamber
(1) Wisely reluctant to admit the rabble into her office, she set up camp first in the too-small government caucus room, and then in the resplendent old legislative chamber .(2) He had been setting up his gun on the terrace and was about to chamber the bullets when he felt a slight pin-prick on his shoulder.(3) The air is instantly full of bolts of energy as bot after bot leaps out of the chamber with weapons firing full bore.(4) In the chamber and in committee rooms of the Commons, Labour MP after Labour MP queued up to hammer the idea.(5) An underground chamber can't be put on the back of a truck and moved out.(6) Using historical photographs, they restored the rotunda and legislative chamber to their original antebellum style.(7) Each Melibe was suspended by hooks from its dorsal integument in a chamber continuously perfused with natural seawater.(8) Back underground the now seasoned tunnel fighters quickly despatch a zombie and another ghoul and then pause for elevenses in an underground chamber .(9) Then I started singing in the chamber choir in high school and that was my favorite.(10) A blow tube is a device used between shots during range work to soften the black powder fouling in the bore and chamber of the rifle.(11) The slides were incubated for 30 min in a humidified chamber at room temperature.(12) A political storm blew up in the Town Council's chamber during the estimates meeting.(13) The centre provides a focal point for MS people offering a physiotherapy area, oxygen chamber , private meeting room and relaxing area for coffee mornings.(14) The planning panel meets in the council chamber at Shipley Town Hall on Thursday from 10 am.(15) Cleaning the No.1 is a cinch because the chamber , bore and face of the breechblock are so accessible.(16) But it's a bit wider around and the casing chamber 's more hollowed.
(1) combustion chamber :: verbrandingskamer
(2) chamber of commerce :: Kamer van Koophandel
(3) chamber music :: kamermusiek
(4) chamber pot :: Kamer pot
(5) air chamber :: lug kamer
(6) burial chamber :: graf kamer
(7) vacuum chamber :: vakuum kamer
(8) anterior chamber :: anterior kamer
(9) hyperbaric chamber :: hiperbariese kamer
1. room ::
2. bedroom ::
3. compartment ::
4. bedchamber ::
chamber, chambered, chambers
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Find her a CHAMBER that
will serve as a cell.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
and happened upon his CHAMBER.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 4
I made my way from the slums of Myr
to the Small Council CHAMBER
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
He summoned me to his CHAMBER
the first day we met.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 6
I've come to escort you back to your CHAMBER.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 10
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: chamber
Meaning and definitions of chamber, translation in Afrikaans language for chamber with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of chamber in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "chamber"
What chamber means in Afrikaans, chamber meaning in Afrikaans, chamber definition, examples and pronunciation of chamber in Afrikaans language.