Noun(1) an arrangement of flowers that is usually given as a present(2) a pleasingly sweet olfactory property
(1) I was presented with a lovely bouquet of flowers, given a gift voucher to spend and someone took me round the store in a wheelchair.(2) The luscious perfumed bouquet dissipates any apprehensions, though, and prepares one for the waves of spicy yet refined flavors.(3) The fact that esters are formed at different rates, some of them reaching equilibrium only after decades, helps to explain the changes in wine aroma and bouquet during ageing.(4) The bride was given away by her father, Brendan, and looked stunning in an ivory wedding dress and train with bodice detail and carried a bouquet of yellow flowers.(5) champagnes have a delicacy of bouquet(6) It has a freshly scented bouquet of pared Granny Smith apples, pears and ripe berries.(7) The great outdoors murders a fine wine's bouquet and strong-tasting barbecue fare ruins the restrained, delicate flavours of expensive bottles.(8) The bride who was given away by her mother was dressed in a full length wedding gown with matching head dress and carried a bouquet of flowers.(9) When I had served the paper for ten years, I was invited to a little get-together, and was presented with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and other things by Don.(10) Kathleen on Monday was presented with a bouquet of flowers, and treated to a meal and behind-the-scenes tour of the new-look supermarket.(11) Last week the students finished the course and thanked Rita for all her support by presenting her with a bouquet of flowers.(12) the aperitif has a faint bouquet of almonds(13) Magellan Gin has a supple body and an engaging bouquet laced with the aromas of citrus and spice.(14) The classic metallic tang filled the air and the guards inhaled deeply as if enjoying the bouquet of a fine wine.(15) I have long loved this racy, elegant, classic petrol-scented Kiwi white whose lively, grapey bouquet and racy palate delivers so much pure Riesling fruit.(16) As the wine warms the bouquet will become much more noticeable and the flavours apparent.
(1) bouquet of flowers :: bos blomme
(2) bouquet garni :: bouquet garni
(3) bridal bouquet :: bruidsruiker
(4) bouquet de fleurs :: ruiker de fleurs
1. bunch of flowers ::
n bos blomme
2. compliment ::
3. aroma ::
4. fragrancy ::
5. corsage ::
1. reek ::
2. stench ::
3. stink ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
When I want them they're a
"BOUQUET of severed plant genitals."
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 23
But, how delightful was it when I pulled
out a BOUQUET at the end of those scarves?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 4
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: bouquet
Meaning and definitions of bouquet, translation in Afrikaans language for bouquet with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of bouquet in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "bouquet"
What bouquet means in Afrikaans, bouquet meaning in Afrikaans, bouquet definition, examples and pronunciation of bouquet in Afrikaans language.