Noun(1) a bowl-shaped vessel; usually used for holding food or liquids(2) the quantity that a basin will hold(3) a natural depression in the surface of the land often with a lake at the bottom of it(4) the entire geographical area drained by a river and its tributaries; an area characterized by all runoff being conveyed to the same outlet(5) a bathroom sink that is permanently installed and connected to a water supply and drainpipe; where you can wash your hands and face
(1) The drainage basin of Lake Oloidien is hydrologically closed so that water losses are due almost entirely to evaporation.(2) The second priority is the removal of the old boatyard slipway which, Mr. Farrell said, is a constant threat to vessels using the east basin and should be demolished.(3) She walked over to her cooking area and got a basin of sanitized water out, and a cloth, and began cleaning his wounds.(4) For those unfamiliar with the area, the station overlooks the Grand Canal basin , a wide deep area of water.(5) He returned to his boat at the yacht basin and fell into the water after feeling ill as he boarded the boat.(6) In the Amazon basin it is one of the most popular articles of food, a position fully justified by its nutritional qualities.(7) Australian business people are looking into building a yacht basin in the town of Nessebar, an Attraction Park in Shabla, a golf course, and a hotel at the Albena resort.(8) The Nile rises far to the south of Egypt, in Ethiopia and in the drainage basin of Lake Victoria.(9) It is located in a wide basin on the road linking India with Central Asia.(10) Cindy stood up from her seat and went over to the basin and continued her washing up.(11) Other regions of the lake basin have experienced much more extensive sedimentation impacts related to deforestation.(12) she poured water from the jug into the basin(13) Pearl slowly poured water into the basin and then dipped the towel into the bowl.(14) To serve, dip the basin briefly into hot water and invert on to a serving dish.(15) To the right of the fireplace was a washing basin , filled to the brim with crisp water form the well for the workers.(16) I took Jenny's mallet and watched as she and Nicole went up to where one of the maids was had set a washing basin .
(1) river basin :: rivierkom
(2) water basin :: water wasbak
(3) catchment basin :: opvangsgebied
(4) catch basin :: vangs wasbak
(5) sugar-basin :: suiker-bekken
1. bowl ::
2. valley ::
4. catchment area ::
5. washbowl ::
basin, basinful, basinfuls, basins
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: basin
Meaning and definitions of basin, translation in Afrikaans language for basin with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of basin in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "basin"
What basin means in Afrikaans, basin meaning
in Afrikaans, basin definition, examples and pronunciation
of basin in Afrikaans language.