Noun(1) understanding of the nature or meaning or quality or magnitude of something(2) delicate discrimination (especially of aesthetic values(3) an expression of gratitude(4) a favorable judgment(5) an increase in price or value
(1) What's more, they're prime art collectors, coming from countries known for their fine craftsmanship and age-old appreciation of art.(2) Students gain an appreciation for issues that impact on the patients' quality of life and the role of drug therapy in their disease management.(3) It was by no means a full appreciation of the situation, nor did I offer long-term solutions.(4) a full appreciation of the professor's life and work will be published in the Scotsman tomorrow(5) I encourage people of all ages to take the time on Sunday to attend a local memorial service to express your appreciation and gratitude to those who have and continue to serve our country.(6) France, more so Paris, is known for appreciation and patronisation of finer things of life.(7) The stock's appreciation - its incentive value - depends on the company's ability to continue growing at a rapid pace.(8) If people had an appreciation of all the facts of that economic relationship, they would see issues like migration and border security at a completely different light.(9) The personal representatives are not caught for appreciation in the value of the property during the period from the date of death to the date the property passes to the beneficiary.(10) This CD is for any occasion and the kind of music that anyone with a real appreciation for good music would enjoy.(11) The physical pleasures are available for money and many develop their appreciation to a fine art.(12) Putting materials to best use involves an appreciation of their innate sensory qualities as well as their technical potential.(13) Paying attention to the home front can produce precious property value appreciation .(14) I do appreciate cultural artifacts, however, my appreciation includes a recognition of irony, and I mean irony in its strictest sense, not as a malapropism for sarcasm or smug insincerity.(15) Well, a present is a token of your love and appreciation for the person to whom you are giving it!(16) As a result of the treatment he has received he has been determined to show his appreciation for the staff at Swindon's Great Western Hospital.
(1) capital appreciation :: kapitaalappresiasie
(2) with appreciation :: met waardering
(3) in appreciation :: in waardering
(4) art appreciation :: kunswaardering
(5) letter of appreciation :: brief van waardering
(6) express appreciation :: uitdruklike waardering
1. gratitude ::
3. acknowledgment ::
4. review ::
5. taste ::
6. grasp ::
7. admiration ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Your father lacks an APPRECIATION
of the finer points of bad behaviour.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
I'm glad you have a new APPRECIATION
for your job.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 21
Any APPRECIATION your father...
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 7
you show a little
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 15
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: appreciation
Meaning and definitions of appreciation, translation in Afrikaans language for appreciation with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of appreciation in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "appreciation"
What appreciation means in Afrikaans, appreciation meaning in Afrikaans, appreciation definition, examples and pronunciation of appreciation in Afrikaans language.