Noun(1) someone who supervises (an examination(2) someone who gives a warning so that a mistake can be avoided(3) an ironclad vessel built by Federal forces to do battle with the Merrimac(4) display produced by a device that takes signals and displays them on a television screen or a computer monitor(5) electronic equipment that is used to check the quality or content of electronic transmissions(6) a piece of electronic equipment that keeps track of the operation of a system continuously and warns of trouble(7) any of various large tropical carnivorous lizards of Africa and Asia and Australia; fabled to warn of crocodiles
Verb(1) keep tabs on; keep an eye on; keep under surveillance(2) check, track, or observe by means of a receiver
(1) He began meandering down the halls, as was his duty as a monitor , trying to forget about the event that had just transpired.(2) Alternatively, you can have a monitor fitted that records your heart rhythm over a 24-hour period.(3) Rebecca remembers that the teacher would always assign a student that would be a monitor during lunch.(4) A roof monitor admits north light, and a large window and porch offer quiet views to the wooded hillside.(5) The refrigerator should be equipped with an electronic monitor and an alarm to alert staff members when temperatures are outside acceptable limits.(6) the playback can be displayed on an external television screen or monitor(7) After the video is scaled it is changed into a digital format recognized by the video card and then it is displayed on your monitor .(8) So that the viewer always receives the proper images for the corresponding eye, a camera affixed to the monitor records the position of the head.(9) the independent judicial monitor(10) May the government use electronic surveillance to monitor the movements and information use of suspected terrorists?(11) The insurance company might allow an independent monitor to scrutinise the demutualisation process on behalf of policyholders.(12) For 15 years the company used hidden cameras to monitor its 3,000 employees at its Granite City, Illinois steel mill.(13) it was easy for the enemy to monitor his movements(14) Now I place it under a television camera, and that is fed to a television monitor in front of Howard.(15) Architectural elements control pedestrian access, and surveillance cameras monitor people as they approach the area.(16) Some employers will monitor telephone conversations.
(1) baby monitor :: baba monitor
(2) blood pressure monitor :: bloeddruk monitor
(3) heart monitor :: hartmonitor
(4) monitor screen :: monitor skerm
(5) class monitor :: klas monitor
(6) monitor lizard :: likkewaan
1. detector ::
2. observer ::
3. screen ::
4. proctor ::
6. varan ::
7. observe ::
8. supervise ::
monitor, monitored, monitoring, monitors, monitory
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The baby MONITOR is on.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 9
What am I, an 8th-grade hall MONITOR?
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 13
They could MONITOR
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
WOLOWITZ [over MONITOR]:
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 18
I heard you on the baby MONITOR.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 13
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: monitor
Meaning and definitions of monitor, translation in Afrikaans language for monitor with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of monitor in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "monitor"
What monitor means in Afrikaans, monitor meaning in Afrikaans, monitor definition, examples and pronunciation of monitor in Afrikaans language.