Noun(1) (chemistry, not in fixed proportions and not with chemical bonding(2) any foodstuff made by combining different ingredients(3) a collection containing a variety of sorts of things(4) an event that combines things in a mixture(5) the act of mixing together
(1) In a diesel engine a fuel air mixture is injected into a cylinder where it is compressed by a piston.(2) the old town is a mixture of narrow medieval streets and 18th-century architecture(3) The master's meal consisted of a loaf of bread stuffed with a mixture of meat and vegetables, and his glass was filled with wine.(4) For example, engines vary in how hard they compress the fuel mixture of gasoline vapor and air.(5) Third, make combination plantings, which include a mixture of different species of shrubs and trees.(6) An inspection revealed that the fuel-air mixture in the F2 fuel tank had ignited and caused moderate damage to the airframe.(7) he was a curious mixture, an unpredictable man(8) 51 Use carburetor heat to help vaporize the fuel and enrich the mixture .(9) That lobby is a curious mixture of interests, reflected in influential sections of the newspaper world, with little in common except their hostility to Europe.(10) As a result, the engine would run rough due to the lean mixture at all cylinders.(11) Usually these programs are made up from a mixture of four components: awareness, feedback, cognitive change, and skills training.(12) The EC directive on the incineration of hazardous waste dictates that no more than 40 per cent of the fuel mixture to be burnt should contain such wastes.(13) The place's decor was a mixture of different shades of brown painted in swirls all over.(14) The throttle and fuel mixture for the left engine were secured and the pilot activated the left engine feathering button again.(15) We examined a mixture of elements from the same subfamily and from different subfamilies.(16) The solution has been a mixture of several components.
(1) cough mixture :: hoes mengsel
(2) reaction mixture :: reaksiemengsel
(3) heterogeneous mixture :: heterogene mengsel
(4) homogeneous mixture :: homogene mengsel
(5) crumble mixture :: verkrummel mengsel
1. blend ::
2. assortment ::
4. admixture ::
5. mix ::
6. miscellany ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...then spray them
with a MIXTURE of rum and bitters.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: mixture
Meaning and definitions of mixture, translation in Afrikaans language for mixture with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of mixture in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "mixture"
What mixture means in Afrikaans, mixture meaning
in Afrikaans, mixture definition, examples and pronunciation
of mixture in Afrikaans language.