- betrekbesigRaak betrokkeinnemende
Verb(1) carry out or participate in an activity; be involved in(2) consume all of one's attention or time(3) engage or hire for work(4) ask to represent; of legal counsel(5) give to in marriage(6) get caught(7) carry on (wars, battles, or campaigns(8) hire for work or assistance(9) engage for service under a term of contract(10) keep engaged
(1) the clutch will not engage(2) Watch out for their weapons, and engage each respectively.(3) she had offered to engage a room in the house of the woman(4) Only an appeal to the broad mass of the people will work and they will only get excited enough to vote if the agenda is radical enough to engage their interest and support.(5) The play area with its ball pit, stuffed toys, comic racks and computer games can surely engage the attention of children irrespective of their ages.(6) Alas, he's too dull to engage any interest at all.(7) If any town, city or district is to thrive it needs to engage the interest and enthusiasm of its younger generation.(8) It is not reasonable that a solicitor should engage to act on for an indefinite number of years, winding up estates, without receiving any payment on which he can maintain himself.(9) It is the themes as much as the plot that engage the interest.(10) They can also combine with the scout platoon to engage enemy targets for hasty attacks and ambushes.(11) the teams needed to engage with local communities(12) Engage your brain before you engage your weapon.(13) Critics are quick to point to the coalition's adherence to the law of armed combat as a reason for the coalition's inability to engage the enemy as necessary.(14) They were not like the modern fairs but were where employers went to engage workers and people went to seek jobs and also to buy things.(15) The problem seems to be that when you direct your forces to attack an enemy unit, they believe that they should attack that specific unit rather than engage the enemy force as a whole.(16) So we have to engage Beijing in a thorough discussion on this matter.
(1) engage in :: betrokke te raak in
(2) to engage in :: om betrokke te raak in
(3) engage with :: betrokke te raak met
(4) re-engage :: weer betrokke te raak
(5) engage in a lawsuit :: betrokke te raak in 'n regsgeding
(6) engage in conversation :: betrokke te raak in 'n gesprek
(7) engage in trade :: betrokke te raak in die handel
1. capture ::
2. employ ::
3. contract ::
4. participate in ::
deel te neem in
5. fight ::
6. interlock ::
7. wage ::
8. affiance ::
9. occupy ::
10. enlist ::
11. take ::
12. operate ::
13. pursue ::
1. can ::
2. discharge ::
3. dismiss ::
4. fire ::
5. sack ::
engage, engaged, engages, engaging
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Why else would a person try to ENGAGE
their superior colliculus?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 14
as Mr. Salamanca proceeded
to ENGAGE me.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
...and ENGAGE in casual physical contact...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
And ENGAGE in frenzied lovemaking.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 23
...to ENGAGE in what Mr. Bob Eubanks
called "making whoopee."
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 8
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: engage
Meaning and definitions of engage, translation in Afrikaans language for engage with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of engage in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "engage"
What engage means in Afrikaans, engage meaning in Afrikaans, engage definition, examples and pronunciation of engage in Afrikaans language.