Adjective(1) of surpassing excellence(2) having or marked by unusual and impressive intelligence(3) characterized by grandeur(4) having strong or striking color(5) full of light; shining intensely(6) clear and sharp and ringing
(1) We'll definitely keep an eye on your brilliant career!(2) It shone under the brilliant lights of the city as it was held in a transparent cover.(3) If only all bars in the world were this brilliant .(4) It was a tough call, so Norman did what he had learned to do on all tough calls throughout his brilliant legal career.(5) There will just be some special scholarships for the very disadvantaged or the exceptionally brilliant .(6) He was just being mindful of his stature as an respectable and esteemed brilliant scientifically oriented mind.(7) Nevertheless, talented and brilliant men such as MirÔö£Ôöé started a downward spiral that ended in artistic anarchy.(8) Kimberly, the ingenious lawyer and brilliant mathematician could not figure it out, could not understand it.(9) However, a friend had the brilliant idea to prepare soft shell crabs, which he did for us one evening.(10) Despite the coarse nature of the fabric, the pieces are delicate, soft to touch and look brilliant .(11) But she's got all these great ideas and brilliant scenes and clever lines all mapped out in her head.(12) Such an act is less acting than impersonation unless the writing is inspired and the performer brilliant .(13) Franklin's career was brilliant from the very beginning.(14) He slowly opened his eyes and bright rays of brilliant light flashed into his eyes.(15) a brilliant mathematician(16) Who am I to be brilliant , gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
(1) brilliant idea :: briljante idee
(2) brilliant success :: briljante sukses
(3) brilliant student :: briljante student
1. bright ::
2. superb ::
3. vivid ::
4. magnificent ::
5. brainy ::
1. dim ::
2. dull ::
brilliant, brilliantly, brilliants
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 19
Oh, yes, like the male peacock
with BRILLIANT plumage...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 8
- I think you're just BRILLIANT.
- Well, that is the prevailing opinion.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 6
because as BRILLIANT as he was
he only had two eyes,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 12
Gustavo is a BRILLIANT businessman.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: brilliant
Meaning and definitions of brilliant, translation in Afrikaans
language for brilliant with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of brilliant in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'brilliant'
What brilliant means in Afrikaans, brilliant meaning
in Afrikaans, brilliant
definition, examples and pronunciation
of brilliant in Afrikaans language.