Noun(1) the form of a word that is used to denote more than one
Adjective(1) composed of more than one member, set, or kind(2) grammatical number category referring to two or more items or units
(1) Defying expectations that Western influences and urbanisation would gradually do away with plural marriages, polygamy is going strong among Muslims in parts of black West Africa.(2) Australia is demonstrably a religiously plural state.(3) In the plural , they can refer to members of the person's family.(4) Prosecutors have said that they investigated Green's marriages only after seeing him on several national television programmes talking about plural marriages.(5) The plural of loaf is loaves, the plural of thief is thieves.(6) Energy cannot be counted, and the plural of the word is not in common use.(7) We will fight to the end to protect our multicultural, plural space.(8) Hence, Lebanon is still in need of history and religion curricula capable of addressing Lebanon's plural needs.(9) But given that the section was in practice likely to be focused on people who are indeed purporting to be living in plural marriages, it seems that the report was indeed suggesting that the ban on polygamy was illegal.(10) A religiously plural country like India throws up complex problems in a democratic set up.(11) Conversely, Russian has a complex plural system in which the morphological markers for sets of two, three, and four differ from those for five through ten.(12) Here he stressed Nehru's commitment to the emancipation of women and untouchables, to communal harmony and the maintenance of a united and plural India, and to the fostering of a socialist economics.(13) The first and second words could be either plural nouns or singular-inflected verbs.(14) Maybe some form of plural executive is needed, such as they have in Switzerland.(15) Their memories of the past will necessarily be plural as well as conflicting, bringing with them both joy and sorrow, both rejoicing and mourning, both happiness as well as despondency.(16) It is always difficult for passionate moral minorities to operate in plural cultures because they have to learn to live alongside practices which they abominate.
(1) plural noun :: meervoudige naamwoord
(2) plural form :: meervoudsvorm
(3) irregular plural :: onreëlmatige meervoud
(4) singular and plural :: enkelvoud en meervoud
1. plural form ::
plural, pluralist, pluralists, pluralization, pluralize, pluralizes, plurals
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The point is women-- PLURAL--
find me appealing.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 21
And yes, that
is the PLURAL.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 18
Flaws. Plural, not singular.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 12
The PLURAL of "coccyx" is "coccyges."
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 14
In fact, that's the bare minimum
to get to the PLURAL "weeks".
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 14
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: plural
Meaning and definitions of plural, translation in Afrikaans language for plural with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of plural in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "plural"
What plural means in Afrikaans, plural meaning in Afrikaans, plural definition, examples and pronunciation of plural in Afrikaans language.