Noun(1) something that is of no importance
Adjective(1) the superlative of `little' that can be used with mass nouns and is usually preceded by `the'; a quantifier meaning smallest in amount or extent or degree(2) limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent, or small(3) (quantifier used with mass nouns, with `a'(4) (of children and animals(5) (informal, or small(6) (of a voice(7) low in stature; not tall(8) lowercase(9) small in a way that arouses feelings (of tenderness or its opposite depending on the context
Adverb(1) used to form the superlative(2) not much
(1) The most virtuous of mothers can be putty in the hands of the least virtuous of sons.(2) they have the least chance of survival(3) Surprisingly, Freddie came out as the least bizarre of all of us on this, as what you see tends to be what you get with her.(4) there's not the least chance of her coming back(5) she spends the least amount of time in the office(6) he's not the least worried about it(7) it happens when you least expect it(8) As the drivers of old bangers are the least able to afford to invest heavily in a new car, this policy seems unfair.(9) the course is not in the least bit boring(10) nobody knew what was going on, least of all the audience(11) Thomson's theorem states that electrically charged particles arrange themselves so as to have the least energy.(12) I don't feel the least bit of attachment to him(13) money is the least of his worries(14) it's the least important subject(15) The Indian samosa is the lone vegetarian offering, and the least messy to eat on the go.(16) This was, and still is, one of the least known of the wartime special regiments.
(1) at least :: ten minste
(2) last but not least :: laaste maar nie die minste nie
(3) the least :: die minste
(4) for at least :: vir ten minste
(5) at the very least :: Op die heel minste
(6) not least :: nie die minste nie
(7) not in the least :: nie in die minste nie
(8) last but not the least :: laaste maar nie die minste nie
(9) but at least :: maar ten minste
(10) to say the least :: om die minste te sê
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
At LEAST. Dude, why do you think
McCoy never likes to beam nowhere?
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 9
And last but not LEAST,
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 23
They will try to put at LEAST a mic
and a GPS beacon in Rio.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
Tell me, at LEAST, if they didn’t
turn the car into scrap in front of you,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 7
Well, at LEAST
without Sheldon here,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 22
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: least
Meaning and definitions of least, translation in Afrikaans language for least with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of least in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "least"
What least means in Afrikaans, least meaning in Afrikaans, least definition, examples and pronunciation of least in Afrikaans language.