Noun(1) a married man; a woman's partner in marriage
Verb(1) use cautiously and frugally
(1) A husband and wife have realised their dreams after taking over a former night club.(2) they're husband and wife(3) she and her husband are both retired(4) She was a supportive wife to her late husband and helped him through his periods of ill health.(5) to husband your strength(6) they're living together as husband and wife(7) the need to husband his remaining strength(8) to husband the land(9) her common-law husband(10) I was a mother, I had been a wife, but my husband was gone and most of my children had left home.(11) A husband and wife are leading a team heading out to Bangladesh to help deaf people.(12) After being rejected by their husbands , wives had no choice but to endure loneliness.(13) He husbanded his strength whenever he could.(14) In this age of easy divorces a husbandless mother attracts little attention.(15) He must sometimes wonder if he should have husbanded support more carefully against the inevitable election defeat.(16) It is reassuring to know that the Scottish Executive husbands the expenditure it makes on our behalf so wisely.
(1) my husband :: my man
(2) your husband :: jou man
(3) husband and wife :: man en vrou
(4) ex-husband :: eks-man
(5) late husband :: oorlede man
(6) former husband :: gewese man
(7) sister's husband :: man se suster
(8) good husband :: goeie man
(9) henpecked husband :: pantoffel man
1. spouse ::
2. partner ::
3. life partner ::
4. mate ::
5. consort ::
6. man ::
7. helpmate ::
8. helpmeet ::
9. groom ::
10. bridegroom ::
11. hubby ::
12. old man ::
13. better half ::
14. other half ::
15. significant other ::
16. conserve ::
husband, husbanded, husbanding, husbands
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
my royal HUSBAND would flee to the trees
with his huntsmen and his hounds.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 7
looks parched, huh?
Westworld Season 2, Episode 4
- I support my HUSBAND.
- Thank you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 15
my sister Margaery,
her HUSBAND was taken from us before...
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 10
Is it normal for the HUSBAND
to kind of completely stop giving a crap?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 13
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: husband
Meaning and definitions of husband, translation in Afrikaans language for husband with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of husband in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "husband"
What husband means in Afrikaans, husband meaning in Afrikaans, husband definition, examples and pronunciation of husband in Afrikaans language.