Noun(1) the yield from plants in a single growing season(2) the consequence of an effort or activity(3) the gathering of a ripened crop(4) the season for gathering crops
Verb(1) gather, as of natural products(2) remove from a culture or a living or dead body, as for the purposes of transplantation
(1) To harvest stem cells for medical use an embryo would need to reach a minimum of 64 cells.(2) helping with the harvest(3) Slowly we are chugging through the harvest and soon the 2002 crop will be all safely stowed away in the grain bins.(4) in terms of science, Apollo yielded a meager harvest(5) Natalie hires the three kids to harvest copper wire from telephone poles in clandestine raids.(6) The annual throng of whitebaiters converging on Lake Ferry has been subject to an unseasonal interruption to the harvest just as catches were beginning to grow.(7) The wild harvest - which begins on September 6 this year - is generally capped at around 35,000 animals.(8) The maize fields were also expected to produce a good harvest , with enough maize for feed and export.(9) The most appropriate time to tell myths is during a particular phase of the year - the period of the yam harvest from April to May.(10) In the olden days on St Kilda and at several bleak rocky points east, tenacious hunters would dangle off perilous cliffs to catch their harvest .(11) Fishermen and their representative bodies have always been more than capable of policing themselves and restricting their harvest of wild fish.(12) The Cultivation Ceremony is also performed to help keep the different grains free from disease, producing a bountiful harvest .(13) And he has been able to work out what is good, and what results in a harvest of votes at the other end.(14) So many fields have changed colour, almost overnight due to the large numbers of farmers being able to harvest the silage crop in record time.(15) Check the required waiting period on the label with the interval before harvest on food crops you wish to treat.(16) Inshore catch rates peaked in 1993 with a total harvest of 420,000 kilograms during an 18-week fishery.
(1) to harvest :: oes
(2) harvest time :: oes tyd
(3) grape harvest :: druiwe oes
(4) harvest season :: oesseisoen
(5) bumper harvest :: bumper oes
(6) harvest moon :: oes maan
(7) reap a harvest :: maai 'n oes
(8) harvest festival :: Oesfees
(9) wheat harvest :: koringoes
(10) harvest home :: oes huis
2. yield ::
3. return ::
4. harvest time ::
5. crop ::
7. acquire ::
8. reap ::
harvest, harvested, harvester, harvesters, harvesting, harvests
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I need to HARVEST them.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 8
Relax, we're the same blood type.
He knew he could HARVEST an organ.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 21
And how goes the HARVEST in the Reach?
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 9
The current HARVEST?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 4
We have a great
masquerade the night of the HARVEST moon.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: harvest
Meaning and definitions of harvest, translation in Afrikaans language for harvest with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of harvest in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "harvest"
What harvest means in Afrikaans, harvest meaning in Afrikaans, harvest definition, examples and pronunciation of harvest in Afrikaans language.