Noun(1) a hostile meeting of opposing military forces in the course of a war(2) the act of fighting; any contest or struggle(3) an aggressive willingness to compete(4) an intense verbal dispute(5) a boxing or wrestling match
Verb(1) be engaged in a fight; carry on a fight(2) fight against or resist strongly(3) make a strenuous or labored effort(4) exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for
(1) I will fight for more equitable laws(2) they had a fist fight(3) there was another war to fight(4) to win the fight(5) The organization says that the government have done precious little to fight poverty.(6) Following four comeback fights, he was in position to fight new champion Evander Holyfield.(7) we must fight corruption(8) It then occurred to her that she was running away just like she used to do whenever she got into a fight with her parents.(9) the fight for workers' rights(10) I'm gonna take everything I know and fight to preserve the black community.(11) Somewhere between Colorado and New Mexico he got into a fight with an irate florist.(12) If he is really serious about this fight and wants public support then this is the place to start.(13) she didn't want to fight with her mother all the time(14) But Mr Aldred said he will never give up in his fight for justice.(15) two fire trucks raced to the scene to fight the blaze(16) This week he lost his fight for an early release from jail.
(1) to fight :: om te veg
(2) fight back :: terug baklei
(3) fight against :: Veg teen
(4) fight off :: beveg
(5) fight for :: om vir iets te veg
(6) snowball fight :: sneeubal stryd
(7) pillow fight :: kussing geveg
(8) good fight :: goeie stryd
(9) fight or flight :: Veg of vlug
(10) ready to fight :: gereed om te veg
1. brawl ::
2. boxing match ::
3. battle ::
4. argument ::
5. struggle ::
6. will to resist ::
sal te weerstaan
8. fighting ::
9. brawl ::
11. engage in ::
betrokke te raak in
12. quarrel ::
13. campaign ::
14. oppose ::
15. repress ::
16. fight back ::
17. push ::
18. contend ::
19. struggle ::
1. advance ::
2. cultivate ::
3. encourage ::
4. forward ::
5. foster ::
6. further ::
7. nourish ::
8. nurture ::
9. promote ::
fight, fighter, fighters, fighting, fights
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I want you to curse and FIGHT
until your heart's done pumping.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
Let 'em FIGHT.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 10
I wish I could FIGHT beside you.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 3
Did we FIGHT well?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
Which house did he FIGHT for?
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: fight
Meaning and definitions of fight, translation in Afrikaans language for fight with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of fight in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "fight"
What fight means in Afrikaans, fight meaning in Afrikaans, fight definition, examples and pronunciation of fight in Afrikaans language.