Noun(1) slang term for a woman
Adjective(1) having great (or a certain(2) broad in scope or content(3) not detailed or specific(4) lacking subtlety; obvious(5) being at a peak or culminating point(6) very large in expanse or scope(7) (of speech(8) showing or characterized by broad-mindedness
(1) It's a broad , sweeping generalization about a communication medium and an art form that has just as many good and bad things going for it as anything else.(2) At the awards ceremony, Chris Cairns dropped a broad hint that he might not be retiring from Test cricket just yet, as had been suggested in the media.(3) The Huilloc men are only a little taller than their womenfolk, with broad chests, powerful shoulders and heavily muscled legs.(4) You can see this sense of place in the parts she has played, a largely working-class roster of roles that allows her to keep her broad accent, an accent she says she never wants to lose.(5) Hardly had he become Labour leader than Henry McLeish was dropping broad hints that he was going to review the government's line on Sutherland.(6) A broad transcription would also need to note the difference, because the two words mean different things.(7) One was a tremendously tall man, with broad shoulders and huge muscles.(8) Along one side rose a broad staircase, while a door on the left led into the kitchen and a couple more opened out at the far end.(9) At the same time, Becker notes, the discipline is broad in theory and application, including a wide range of experimental and applied work.(10) Support was broad and bipartisan; contrary to what is often assumed today, a higher proportion of Republicans than of Democrats supported the bill.(11) They need to go out in the middle of a sinkhole area and try to find the confining layer - to see if it covers a truly broad area - but they don't do that.(12) Nevertheless, it provides a broad treatment of the subject, including its historical, mechanical, and human dimensions.(13) In his valedictory speech to the parliament, Cox stopped short of asking for the job of commission president, but dropped broad hints.(14) The resolution was put forward by the Red Vote Alliance Party, and it received broad support from the Labor Party, the Center Party, and a member of the Progress Party.(15) At the pyramid's apex, the route emerges onto the Shoulder, a broad hump at roughly 26,000 feet and the site of the fourth and final camp before reaching the top.(16) Though this is a broad generalisation and does not hold true for all companies it is evident with a great many.
(1) broad bean :: breë boontjie
(2) broad-minded :: oopkop
(3) broad range :: groot verskeidenheid
(4) broad-shouldered :: breë skouers
(5) broad beans :: boerbone
(6) broad daylight :: helder oordag
(7) broad shoulders :: breë skouers
(8) broad spectrum :: breë spektrum
(9) in broad daylight :: helder oordag
(10) broad grin :: breë glimlag
1. wide ::
2. extensive ::
3. comprehensive ::
4. general ::
5. obvious ::
voor die hand liggend
6. pronounced ::
7. full ::
8. blanket ::
9. unspecific ::
10. large-minded ::
11. unsubtle ::
12. spacious ::
1. narrow ::
2. slender ::
3. slim ::
4. thin ::
broad, broaden, broadened, broadening, broadens, broader, broadest, broadly, broadness, broads
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
on façades and windows, in BROAD daylight,
in the street and unseen. How?
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 2
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 5
Which reminds me, you have BROAD hips
and a certain corn-fed vigor.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 1
but this Nowitzki BROAD
needs to disappear.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 24
That's why I chose you, because you're BROAD and strong.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 3
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: broad
Meaning and definitions of broad, translation in Afrikaans language for broad with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of broad in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "broad"
What broad means in Afrikaans, broad meaning
in Afrikaans, broad definition, examples and pronunciation
of broad in Afrikaans language.