om, rondom, omheen
Adjective(1) on the move
Adverb(1) (of quantities(2) all around or on all sides, or about(3) in the area or vicinity(4) used of movement to or among many different places or in no particular direction, or about(5) in or to a reversed position or direction(6) in rotation or succession(7) (of actions or states, just
(1) reduced by about 5 per cent(2) there was a look about her that said everything(3) there's not much work about(4) there was a lot of flu about(5) she looked about the room(6) it's about 100 km away(7) it's all about having fun(8) he must be somewhere about(9) Good biopics struggle to present a truth, if not the truth, about their subjects.(10) You go in feet first - there's enough room to move about and then come out head first.(11) she's about ready to go(12) The day was too warm and too nice for rushing about .(13) What we will have to settle for, at best, is a frank debate about some of the subjects raised by Mind the Gap.(14) This is the only reason that should be regarded when talking about this subject.(15) about my Christmas present(16) there was nobody about
(1) what about :: wat van
(2) talk about :: praat oor
(3) bring about :: bewerkstellig
(4) think about :: dink aan
(5) about what :: oor wat
(6) care about :: omgee vir
(7) about it :: daaroor
(8) think about it :: dink daaroor
(9) forget about it :: vergeet daarvan
(10) thinking about :: dink oor
1. around ::
2. near ::
3. approximately ::
4. well-nigh ::
5. regarding ::
met betrekking tot
6. around ::
7. astir ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
So you're seriously thinking
ABOUT marrying someone
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 20
And what ABOUT what a woman wants?
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
- What are you talking ABOUT?
- I wanna say that it's not Sheldon's fault.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
Buddy, I get that you're worried ABOUT me,
and I appreciate that...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 9
And brother, here's the big surprise.
The one you're already thinking ABOUT.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 5
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: about
Meaning and definitions of about, translation in Afrikaans language for about with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of about in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "about"
What about means in Afrikaans, about meaning
in Afrikaans, about definition, examples and pronunciation
of about in Afrikaans language.