Noun(1) a period of time containing 365 (or 366(2) a period of time occupying a regular part of a calendar year that is used for some particular activity(3) the period of time that it takes for a planet (as, e.g., Earth or Mars(4) a body of students who graduate together
(1) One of his tutors at Cambridge described him as a very good student but certainly not the top student in his year .(2) in the year 1991(3) a year later(4) we'll be there for a year(5) he's the youngest in his year(6) she's in the second year of the degree(7) she spent a year there(8) the Muslim year(9) it's a year late(10) Calendar dates of events vary slightly because there is not an exact number of solar days in a year .(11) in the year of our Lord 1979(12) The Claimant is a final year student at the Chelsea College of Article.(13) We have made it compulsory for the first year students to attend classes twice a week in the lab.(14) In essence the year is split into four equal seasons, each lasting 91 days plus a bit.(15) they're paid by the year(16) it's almost a year since his heart attack
(1) last year :: laas jaar
(2) next year :: volgende jaar
(3) this year :: hierdie jaar
(4) every year :: elke jaar
(5) year of birth :: jaar van geboorte
(6) leap year :: skrikkeljaar
(7) fiscal year :: fiskale jaar
(8) per year :: per jaar
1. twelve-month period ::
tydperk van twaalf maande
2. class ::
3. twelvemonth ::
oor 'n jaar
year, yearlies, yearly, years
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
A YEAR later, she bore her Khal a daughter.
How did he show his happiness?
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 4
wearing the same shit
boots for over a YEAR.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 2
once a YEAR, we set aside
a day to celebrate
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 15
I can't believe it took you a whole YEAR.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 4
...sandal season is YEAR round.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: year
Meaning and definitions of year, translation in Afrikaans language for year with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of year in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "year"
What year means in Afrikaans, year meaning
in Afrikaans, year definition, examples and pronunciation
of year in Afrikaans language.