Noun(1) something or someone that causes anxiety; a source of unhappiness(2) a strong feeling of anxiety
Verb(1) be worried, concerned, anxious, troubled, or uneasy(2) be concerned with(3) disturb the peace of mind of; afflict with mental agitation or distress(4) be on the mind of(5) lacerate by biting(6) touch or rub constantly
(1) Most of them had long since fallen asleep but he felt this deep feeling of worry troubling him.(2) It is naive to think that non-Hindus will worry about issues which concern Hindus.(3) the idea is to secure peace of mind for people whose greatest worry is fear of attack(4) there was no need to worry her(5) I began to worry whether I had done the right thing(6) It was a journey fraught with worry and panic, as I managed to convince myself that I had left the gas on at home!(7) She felt concern and worry , and anything beyond that wouldn't come.(8) the noise never really stops, but it doesn't worry me(9) he began to worry at the knot in the cord(10) The additional burdens of bureaucracy do not just worry British businesses.(11) He was too anxious and full of worry about the upcoming war.(12) He has the additional worry of a troublesome pupil.(13) The angel asked, concern and worry ebbing from his voice.(14) I don't miss the anxiety, stress, worry , pain that she has put me through over the last month or so.(15) The constant worry of a repeat of autumn 2000 is the lasting legacy of the floods.(16) Farmers do not all agree with the hunt, and those who don't shoot the foxes that worry their animals, and this is a far more effective method of control.
(1) to worry :: om te bekommer
(2) not to worry :: Moenie bekommerd wees nie
(3) worry about :: bekommer oor
(4) without worry :: sonder bekommernis
(5) free from worry :: vry van bekommernis
1. anxiety ::
2. problem ::
3. trouble ::
4. vexation ::
'n gejaag na
5. fret ::
6. trouble ::
7. occupy ::
8. vex ::
9. care ::
1. calm ::
2. compose ::
3. quiet ::
4. settle ::
5. soothe ::
worries, worry, worrying, worryings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Hey, don't WORRY about this,
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 11
Don't WORRY, Jerry won't be fooled
by that type of behavior.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 19
Besides, you have nothing
to WORRY about,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 1
Let me WORRY about
what I breathe, kid.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 13
and don't WORRY about Einstein.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 17
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: worry
Meaning and definitions of worry, translation in Afrikaans language for worry with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of worry in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "worry"
What worry means in Afrikaans, worry meaning
in Afrikaans, worry definition, examples and pronunciation
of worry in Afrikaans language.