Noun(1) something considered choice to eat(2) an occurrence that causes special pleasure or delight
Verb(1) interact in a certain way(2) subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition(3) provide treatment for(4) act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression(5) provide with a gift or entertainment(6) provide with choice or abundant food or drink(7) engage in negotiations in order to reach an agreement(8) regard or consider in a specific way
(1) this is my treat(2) I like to treat myself from time to time(3) The illustrations are another treat and bear many surprises.(4) Summarising, political correctness is a one-way street: they may use every form of rudeness but we must treat their concerns as sacred; this must be fought.(5) For those who love movies, the treat couldn't have been any better.(6) The chapters do treat these issues briefly and with circumspection, but Leneman could have been bolder in pushing her analysis in this direction.(7) It's an old-fashioned cinematic treat , and certainly one of the greatest surprises of the year.(8) At the end of the book Domninus says that he intends to treat some of the subjects more fully in Elements of Arithmetic but it is not known if he ever wrote it!(9) But don't let that put you off; it's an entertaining and varied treat , leftfield music of the most listenable variety.(10) A breathtaking display of flowers in their varied forms and colours was a delightful treat for the visitors who thronged the YWCA grounds throughout the day.(11) The story is told in splendid pictures - a treat to read to the young folk and to enjoy yourself.(12) treat this evidence with caution(13) they took me to the circus as a birthday treat(14) he wanted to take her to the pictures as a treat(15) don't treat me like a fool(16) I'm going to save the listening pleasure for a treat at the end of exams.
(1) trick or treat :: trick or treat
(2) to treat :: te behandel
(3) ill-treat :: sleg behandel
(4) heat treat :: hitte behandel
(5) treat badly :: behandel sleg
(6) treat with :: behandel met
(7) stand treat :: staan treat
(8) treat as :: behandel as
(9) treat well :: goed behandel
2. present ::
3. pleasure ::
4. kickshaw ::
5. behave toward ::
tree in die rigting van
6. regard ::
7. tackle ::
9. cure ::
11. regale with ::
12. do by ::
13. care for ::
14. process ::
15. regale ::
16. address ::
treat, treatable, treated, treating, treats
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
They TREAT men like beasts,
as you said yourself.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
Why did you come TREAT with me?
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 7
How do I get him
to TREAT me better?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 19
Do you understand that Stephanie's
not here to TREAT your imaginary ailments?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 10
I suggest we TREAT our relationship
as if it were a crashed computer...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 21
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: treat
Meaning and definitions of treat, translation in Afrikaans language for treat with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of treat in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "treat"
What treat means in Afrikaans, treat meaning in Afrikaans, treat definition, examples and pronunciation of treat in Afrikaans language.