Adjective(1) closely constrained or constricted or constricting(2) pulled or drawn tight(3) set so close together as to be invulnerable to penetration(4) pressed tightly together(5) (used of persons or behavior(6) affected by scarcity and expensive to borrow(7) of such close construction as to be impermeable(8) of textiles(9) securely or solidly fixed in place; rigid(10) (of a contest or contestants(11) very drunk(12) exasperatingly difficult to handle or circumvent(13) demanding strict attention to rules and procedures(14) packed closely together
Adverb(1) firmly or closely(2) in an attentive manner
(1) I felt very uneasy, as if my stomach was tight and tense, yet it was sloshing about and very empty.(2) Vick doesn't have a lot of experience in tight games in difficult surroundings.(3) It was also necessary to learn how to program incredibly efficiently and write extraordinarily tight code.(4) I refused to wear tight skirts, waistbands, or uncomfortable shoes.(5) He shot a large ball of light and I shut my eyes tight .(6) It was hard at times, like when money was tight , but all in all, he was great.(7) We sand-rakers are a tight group and while we could rake a mean sand pit in ten seconds, we could never throw anything.(8) He returned the tight grip causing my gaze to turn up to him.(9) Remember, short, tight turns are essential to controlling your speed on the steeps.(10) She also threw on a pair of black slacks that stretched tight over her thin legs.(11) If money is tight and restricting you from having the flowers you dream of then why not consider making your own bouquet.(12) My arms were almost turning purple, the rope was so tight .(13) The fighters of Alpha Squadron and Daemon Squadron roared through the void in a tight formation.(14) ├ö├ç├┐With Zidane coming back, France will play a tight midfield to allow him to be free and do his own thing,├ö├ç├û he noted.(15) She tried to turn, but the man's grasp on her body was too tight .(16) It's just ideal for ├ö├ç├┐bringing on├ö├ç├û delicate seedlings where garden space is too tight to allow a proper green house to be built.
(1) hold tight :: hou styf vas
(2) tight-fisted :: vrekkig
(3) very tight :: baie knap
(4) tight jeans :: stywe jeans
(5) tight schedule :: besige skedule
(6) tight junction :: stywe aansluiting
(7) sit tight :: sit styf
(8) tight-lipped :: zwijgend
(9) tight fit :: stywe pas
(10) tight spot :: knyp
1. firm ::
2. taut ::
3. tight-fitting ::
4. compact ::
5. small ::
6. strict ::
7. busy ::
8. difficult ::
9. succinct ::
10. close ::
11. limited ::
12. sozzled ::
13. rigorous ::
14. compressed ::
15. mingy ::
16. nasty ::
17. fast ::
1. penetrable ::
2. permeable ::
tight, tighten, tightened, tightening, tightens, tighter, tightest, tightly, tightness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Tight, TIGHT, TIGHT. Yeah.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 1
This one's a little TIGHT
under the arms.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 23
Is money that TIGHT?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
But the boy did spend most of his waking
hours with a TIGHT grasp on his penis.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 15
If we can keep a TIGHT formation,
we might be able to beat them back.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 2
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: tight
Meaning and definitions of tight, translation in Afrikaans language for tight with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tight in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "tight"
What tight means in Afrikaans, tight meaning in Afrikaans, tight definition, examples and pronunciation of tight in Afrikaans language.