Noun(1) the words of something written(2) a passage from the Bible that is used as the subject of a sermon(3) a book prepared for use in schools or colleges(4) the main body of a written work (as distinct from illustrations or footnotes etc.
(1) Other tale-tellers repeated tales identical to Perrault's text word for word.(2) I thought it was fantastic that he took the trouble to text me(3) The text calls for a curtain to be drawn, revealing with fine theatricality the living Hermione posing as her statue.(4) In the meantime, traditional Latin and the severe cursive style was also abandoned in favour of a grammatically correct text and standard handwriting.(5) But the power of his performance only underlines the two-dimensionality of the part as it lies in the text .(6) the pictures are clear and relate well to the text(7) Reading stories aloud provides a great opportunity for young children to hear sounds in words within the context of connected text .(8) However, the actors are able to sustain the trials of the text without losing momentum.(9) All the class does is read aloud a text and everyone then discusses what it means to them.(10) in some passages it is difficult to establish the original text(11) The more than 100 illustrations complement the text nicely.(12) stylistic features of journalistic text(13) You can then choose to listen to the recorded voice message which is a translation of the original text .(14) So I find out about my landline, through a text on my mobile.(15) In the text , there are no named characters or any indication of how to assign the speeches.(16) I would not however, recommend it as a primary text for undergraduate students.
(1) text message :: teksboodskap
(2) rich text :: ryk teks
(3) according to the text :: Volgens die teks
(4) text box :: tekskassie
(5) full text :: volledige teks
(6) text messaging :: teks boodskappe
(7) text file :: tekslêer
(8) text editor :: teks editor
(9) text color :: teks kleur
(10) auto text :: motor teks
1. book ::
3. textbook ::
4. passage ::
5. schoolbook ::
subtext, subtexts, text, texts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Aw. It's a congratulations TEXT
from my meemaw.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 23
to TEXT her and
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 4
You know, there are some
who know every verse of the sacred TEXT,
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 7
You just e-mail and TEXT and Twitter...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 1
Listen, I got a TEXT
from that girl Abby...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 12
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: text
Meaning and definitions of text, translation in Afrikaans language for text with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of text in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "text"
What text means in Afrikaans, text meaning in Afrikaans, text definition, examples and pronunciation of text in Afrikaans language.