Noun(1) broadcasting visual images of stationary or moving objects(2) a telecommunication system that transmits images of objects (stationary or moving(3) an electronic device that receives television signals and displays them on a screen
(1) I thought very little of it as I got out of the bath, as I wrapped myself in dressing gown, as I walked through the house and lay down on the sofa to watch television .(2) Moreover, television is an adversarial medium that reports politics through the prism of personal conflict.(3) From there it was a small step to radio and eventually television .(4) a television camera(5) She lay on her mother's sofa, watching television and eating chocolates, then had a Chinese takeaway in the evening.(6) A series of television adverts will be broadcast as part of the Full Stop campaign, which aims to challenge and change attitudes to children.(7) Print, radio and television surround us with negative images.(8) The moment will be beamed by satellite transmission to television and radio stations around the world.(9) You can't keep sitting on the sofa all day, watching daytime television and eating chocolate chip cookies.(10) the days before television(11) The tower has a restaurant, radio and television transmitter and more.(12) The same could be said of the rapid response medium of television news - viewers are now used to seeing human destruction as it happens.(13) It was the only form of communication, as no radio or telephone, television , video or film existed then.(14) The new party television broadcasts were helping them make up their mind.(15) Both candidates agreed to use the evolving medium of television as a venue for the customary leaders' debate.(16) The steam printing press, telegraph, radio and television have all revolutionized media in some way or another.
(1) watch television :: kyk televisie
(2) television set :: televisiestel
(3) watching television :: televisie te kyk
(4) television show :: televisieprogram
(5) television program :: televisieprogram
(6) cable television :: kabeltelevisie
(7) on television :: op televisie
(8) television channel :: televisiekanaal
(9) television series :: TV-reeks
(10) television station :: TV-stasie
1. TV ::
3. television set ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It faces the TELEVISION at an angle
that isn't direct so he can talk...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 10
Captioning sponsored by
CBS, WARNER BROS. TELEVISION
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 6
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 4
famous robes in TELEVISION.GALECKI:
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 24
Starting to watch a TELEVISION show that might
run for years isn't a decision to take lightly.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 24
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: television
Meaning and definitions of television, translation in Afrikaans language for television with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of television in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "television"
What television means in Afrikaans, television meaning in Afrikaans, television definition, examples and pronunciation of television in Afrikaans language.